As we approach the end of the Fall 2016 semester, here are some things to remember regarding final exams:
- Final exam week is scheduled for December 12 to December 16.
- All final exams must be held as scheduled in the final exam schedule which can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
- All final exams are held in the normal classroom, unless other arrangements have been made with the Registrar’s Office. To schedule classroom space for review sessions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If any student is assigned four exams during the same day, university policy will allow the student to request that one exam be given at the make-up time.
- In every class taught, all faculty shall give a final examination, i.e., some form of comprehensive evaluative academic exercise appropriate to the course, during the last week of the semester.
- The final evaluative exercise may be distributed before the time scheduled for the final exam provided that it is due and collected on the day the final exam has been scheduled.
If the university should close during Monday through Thursday of final exam week, the exams scheduled on that day of closure would automatically move to Friday without affecting any other exam day. Rescheduled exams will take place at the same times and in the same places as originally scheduled.
FERPA and Legitimate Educational Interest
FERPA permits university employees to have access to student education records in which they have a legitimate educational interest. The fact that you are a university employee does not necessarily constitute a legitimate educational interest, nor does it provide you access to any and all education records.
According to FERPA, a school official has a legitimate education interest if the official needs to review the education record in order to fulfill his/her job responsibilities on behalf of the University. Faculty and staff should not access student academic records unless their job duties specifically require access. Student information should never be accessed for personal reasons or out of curiosity.
The One Stop Center will be available for students again this year at the start of the Spring 2017 semester. Representatives from several departments will be available on the second floor of the Bernhard Center to assist students and their families purchase a parking permit, get information on financial aid and student accounts, and get answers to technology questions.
The One Stop Center will be open:
January 9: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
January 10: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
January 11: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As of last week, over 1,300 applications for graduation have been submitted online since the process went live on October 5. As a reminder, Thursday is the deadline for students to apply for April 2017 graduation.
- December 12-16—Final exam week
- December 17—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 20—Final grades are due by noon