In an effort to assist students in registering for the spring semester, all parking holds will be lifted until January 24.
Spring graduation deadline
The deadline for students to apply for spring 2017 graduation has been extended to January 21. Information on the application process can be found online at wmich.edu/registrar/graduation.
Please note the deadline for students to apply for June and August graduation is February 1.
December graduates who reserved their commencement tickets may pick them up starting today at the WMU Bookstore. Tickets will be available in the Bookstore through December 15 and on December 16 and 17 at the Miller Auditorium box office. Graduates are able to receive up to six tickets for the December 17 commencement ceremony. Extra tickets may be available on a first come first served basis only beginning at 8 a.m. on Friday, December 16 at the Miller Auditorium box office.
Student academic concern
So far this semester, 267 instructors have reported 776 students using the Student Academic Concern form located in GoWMU. Instructors can report students who are not performing well, have excessive absences or missing multiple assignments. When a student is reported, the information is sent to the Registrar's Office, Residence Life (if the student is living on campus) and the academic advisor (if the student is an undergraduate). In addition, a comment is now being added to the “Notes” section in Degree Works. If the student has granted Proxy access to a parent, the parent will also have access to the Academic Concern note in Degree Works.
- December 12-16—Final exam week
- December 17—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 20—Final grades are due by noon
Looking ahead to 2017
- Jan. 5 - 6 Advising Days
- Jan. 9 - 11—One Stop Center
- Jan. 9—Classes begin at 8 a.m.; Tuition and fees due
- Jan. 13—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- Jan. 16—Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess, convocation and activities
- Jan. 17—Census
- Jan. 18—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcript
- Jan. 19—Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Jan. 23—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Feb. 6—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 opens for registration
- Feb. 13—First work grades due
- Mar. 3—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal; Spirit Day (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 6 - 10—Spring Break (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 13—Midterm grades due
- Mar. 20—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 24 - 28—Final exam week
- Apr. 29—Semester ends; Commencement
- May 2—Final grades due by noon