Final exam week
As a reminder, if the university should close during Monday through Thursday of final exam week, the exams scheduled on that day of closure would automatically move to Friday without affecting any other exam day. Rescheduled exams will take place at the same times and in the same places as originally scheduled. The complete final exam schedule can be found on line at: http://www.wmich.edu/registrar/calendars-exams-fall.
Academic scheduling forms
We are excited to announce the ability to upload and submit academic scheduling forms. Departments are able to upload and submit:
- Section Change Forms (pink sheets)
- Round #2 Working Reports--a one click option is provided to indicate no changes.
- Section Needs Forms
Beginning immediately, all academic section change forms can be submitted by navigating to the Academic Scheduling web page and clicking on the “Academic Forms Submissions” link at the bottom.
PDFs, word documents, or excel spreadsheets can be uploaded. Faxed forms and email attachments will still be accepted.
If you have questions please email Laura Thomas.
Over 1,000 students will be attending commencement this Saturday in Miller Auditorium. The schedule is as follows:
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Aviation
- College of Fine Arts
- Haworth College of Business
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Extended University Programs
Graduates are able to pick up their guest tickets in the WMU Bookstore through Thursday and on Friday and Saturday at the Miller Auditorium box office. Extra tickets may be available on a first come first served basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, December 16 at the Miller Auditorium box office.
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network's channel 99. You can also follow our graduates on Twitter using #WMUGrad.
61% of all eligible December graduates will be participating in commencement on Saturday. Health and Human Services has the highest participation rate with 69% of H&HS students planning to attend.
- December 12-16—Final exam week
- December 17—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 20—Final grades are due by noon
Looking ahead to 2017
- Jan. 5 - 6 Advising Days
- Jan. 9 - 11—One Stop Center
- Jan. 9—Classes begin at 8 a.m.; Tuition and fees due
- Jan. 13—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- Jan. 16—Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess, convocation and activities
- Jan. 17—Census
- Jan. 18—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcript
- Jan. 19—Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Jan. 23—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Feb. 6—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 opens for registration
- Mar. 3—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal; Spirit Day (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 6 - 10—Spring Break (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 13—Midterm grades due
- Mar. 20—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 24 - 28—Final exam week
- Apr. 29—Semester ends; Commencement
- May 2—Final grades due by noon