Fall semester grades are due tomorrow, December 20, at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which typically takes two hours.
Students will be notified through their wmich.edu email account if their academic standing changes to probation, extended probation, final probation or dismissal. The e-mail will explain what the standing means, the impact it has on future registration and information on recourses available to assist them. If the student has been academically dismissed, a hard copy letter will also be mailed to their permanent/home address.
Students who have been academically dismissed will be dropped from their spring semester courses on Thursday, January 5.
A few grading reminders:
When submitting final grades of "E" or "X" instructors will be required to enter the last date the student attended class or the last date of recorded academic activity. Instructors will be prompted to enter a valid date that is between the start and end date of the semester. In cases where the student does not come to even one class session or does not complete any work, the first day of the semester should be used.
The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the class and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's GPA the same as an "E" grade.
An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and should not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade. A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned.
Congratulations to our new WMU graduates. Over 1,700 degrees were conferred at commencement on Saturday.
View our graduate's posts and pictures on Twitter using #WMUGrad. A recording of each ceremony and a copy of the commencement program can also be found at wmich.edu/commencement.
359 students are graduating with honors this semester; 28% of students receiving their bachelor’s degree.
- 152 Cum Laude (3.50 to 3.69 GPA)
- 146 Magna Cum Laude (3.70 to 3.89 GPA)
- 61 Summa Cum Laude (3.90 to 4.0)
- December 20—Final grades are due by noon
Looking ahead to 2017
- Jan. 5 - 6 Advising Days
- Jan. 9 - 11—One Stop Center
- Jan. 9—Classes begin at 8 a.m.; Tuition and fees due
- Jan. 13—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- Jan. 16—Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess, convocation and activities
- Jan. 17—Census
- Jan. 18—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcript
- Jan. 19—Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Jan. 23—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Feb. 6—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal; Summer I/Summer II 2017 opens for registration
- Feb. 13—First work grades due
- Mar. 3—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal; Spirit Day (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 6 - 10—Spring Break (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 13—Midterm grades due
- Mar. 20—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 24 - 28—Final exam week
- Apr. 29—Semester ends; Commencement
- May 2—Final grades due by noon