As of last week, over 4,000 undergraduate and 2,000 graduate students attending this semester have not yet registered for fall 2018. Please help in reaching out to students. A list, including their contact information, can be found in Cognos using report 20.30.20.
Online ticketing is open for graduates to reserve their four guest tickets for April Commencement. An email was sent to eligible students last week with a link to the ticketing system. After completing the reservation process, graduates will receive a confirmation email with the tickets attached. Commencement tickets may be printed and distributed or shared electronically with guests. Graduates have until April 20 to reserve tickets.
Instructional Assignment Type
As part of the ongoing compliance with the HLC accreditation, all instructors of record must have an “assignment type” in the SIAASGN form in Banner. Schedule-builders should enter this information when assigning an instructor of record (IOR). As a reminder, departments also are responsible for entering this information for their appropriate sections offered through EUP, including online sections. More information can be found at https://wmich.edu/provost/verification-faculty-credentials.
Campus shredding event
Next Friday is the free campus shredding event hosted by the GLBA committee. Bring your unwanted professional or personal documents, CDs, DVDs, and Floppy Disks to Lot 41 near Sangren Hall between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Data Guardian will be on site to ensure your materials are properly destroyed and recycled.
Fact of the week
Notarized credentials are often required outside of the United States as verification that the document is official and authentic. Last year the Registrar’s Office notarized 107 diplomas and 116 transcripts for students.
- Apr. 15—Spring 2019 course fee request deadline.
- Apr. 23 - 26—Final exam week.
- Apr. 28—Semester ends; Commencement.
- Apr. 30—Spring 2019 schedule available to departments to review and edit in Banner.
- May 1—Final grades due by noon.
- May 7—Summer I session begins at 8 a.m.; Tuition and fees are due.
- May 11—Last day to drop/add classes.
- May 14—Census; Last day to receive 100% refund.
- May 15—$100 late add fee begins; withdrawals are recorded with a letter grade of "W".
- May 18—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- May 28—Memorial Day - University closed.
- June 1—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- June 4—Last day to withdraw from classes.
- June 23—Commencement ceremonies are held at Miller Auditorium.
- June 27—Summer I ends.
- July 3 —Summer I grades are due no later than noon.
- July 4—Independence Day - University closed.