The summer I session starts today at 8 a.m. Students have until the end of the day Friday to add or drop a summer I course. The official census count will be taken at the end of the day on Monday, May 13. Please make every effort to ensure that all students attending summer I courses are registered in Banner so they can accurately be reflected in our census counts.
Summer I waitlist
Waitlist notification will be turned off Thursday morning for the summer I session. Any student remaining on a waitlist will be removed Friday afternoon. If you would like to print a list of students waitlisted in a section prior to Friday, you can do so in Banner on the SFAWLPR form.
Reclaim the W
Reclaim the W is a support program for academically dismissed first-year beginner, first-year transfer, and second-year students. There were 60 students enrolled this semester in the Reclaim the W program. Of those students, 97% are eligible to continue at WMU and 83% successfully moved from academic dismissal to good standing. We will be welcoming our fifth cohort of Reclaim the W students in fall 2018.
Fact of the week
Within 24 hours of grades being assigned, 2,314 students logged into Degree Works.
- May 7—Summer I session begins at 8 a.m.; Tuition and fees are due.
- May 11—Last day to drop/add classes.
- May 14—Census; Last day to receive 100% refund.
- May 15—$100 late add fee begins; withdrawals are recorded with a letter grade of "W".
- May 18—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- May 28—Memorial Day - University closed.
- June 1—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- June 4—Last day to withdraw from classes.
- June 23—Commencement ceremonies are held at Miller Auditorium.
- June 27—Summer I ends.
- July 3 —Summer I grades are due no later than noon.
- July 4—Independence Day - University closed.