Summer I registration changes
Departments have access to add students to Summer I courses through the end of the day today. After today, students will need to submit a completed Permission to Late Add form to the Registrar’s Office in order to add a course. Students adding their first course after today will be assessed a late add fee of $100 per class.
Students dropping today will receive a 100% refund. After today, students will receive a 50% refund for complete withdrawal through May 18 and a 25% refund from May 19 to June 1.
A 24-hour grace period is provided to students who drop a course that meets for the first time on or after the end of the drop/add period. Students dropping a class within 24 hours of the start date should contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure they receive the correct refund.
Grade mode and credit hour changes
At this point in the semester, students can no longer change from a letter grade to credit/no credit, or from credit/no credit to a letter grade. Students are also unable to decrease credit hours in a variable credit course. According to university policy, changes to the grade mode and the credit hour range can only be done through the end of the drop/add period.
Summer I waitlist
Waitlisting has ended for Summer I. Any students on a waitlist for a Summer I section have been dropped. Departments may add students into waitlisted sections today as they see appropriate.
Student success and gen ed guides
In preparation for the start of freshman orientation, the 2018 Student Success Guide is now available. The Student Success Guide includes general information about FERPA, the registration process, Degree Works, academic calendar, information on grades and grading, a glossary of terms and other items of interest.
The General Education Guide has also been updated on the Registrar's Office website for the 2018/2019 academic year. A link to the General Education Guide is provided in Degree Works. An advantage to accessing the General Education Guide in Degree Works is that it will automatically display the appropriate guide for the student based on their catalog year.
Fact of the week
Psychology is offering more main campus sections in summer I than any other department.
- May 14—Census; Last day to receive 100% refund.
- May 15—$100 late add fee begins; withdrawals are recorded with a letter grade of "W".
- May 18—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- May 28—Memorial Day - University closed.
- June 1—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal.
- June 4—Last day to withdraw from classes.
- June 23—Commencement ceremonies are held at Miller Auditorium.
- June 27—Summer I ends.
- June 28—Summer II begins at 8 a.m.
- July 3 —Summer I grades are due no later than noon.
- July 4—Independence Day - University closed.
- July 6—Last day to drop and add; last day to receive 100% refund; census
- July 7—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcripts
- July 10—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- July 23—Last day to withdraw from classes; last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- August 17—Semester ends
- August 21—Final grades are due
- August 29—Fall 2018 classes begin at 8 a.m. - please note this is the Wednesday before Labor Day.