One Stop opened Friday morning in the West Ballroom of the Bernhard Center. Students visiting One Stop will be able to purchase parking permits, get information on financial aid and student accounts, as well as receive assistance with technology questions.
One Stop hours:
- August 24 - 25: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- August 27 - 30: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- August 31: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2018 - 2019 catalogs
PDF versions of the 2018-2019 catalogs are now available on the Registrar's Office website. The PDF format makes it easier to search for specific content in the catalog and allows users to print pages or sections of the catalog as needed. As a reminder, a mobile version of the catalogs is also available that can be viewed on an Android or Apple device. They can be found on the WMU Mobile app under the Academic Button.
The Dean’s List for the Summer II session has been published on the Registrar’s Office website. The site allows you to search for Dean’s List recipients by name, college, city, state or zip. To view the complete list, select the term and click "Search the Dean's List."
In order to qualify for the Dean’s List, students must complete at least 12 hours of graded work during the fall or spring semester (6 hours during Summer I or Summer II) and receive a grade point average of 3.50 or higher for that semester/session.
Marita started in the Registrar’s Office in December 2017. She is one of two staff members responsible for processing transcripts. During peak months, we can receive up to 2,000 requests for electronic and paper transcripts.
Marita earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock in History with a minor in Legal Studies. Before coming to WMU, Marita worked for six and a half years at UALR, in both the provost’s office and the chancellor’s office. She also previously worked at Sweetwater's Donut Mill, so feel free to ask her any of your burning questions on donut varieties. In case you are wondering, her personal favorites are cherry cake and blueberry cake.
Marita was born and raised in Kalamazoo and is glad to be back in Michigan and working at WMU; the university the majority of her family members attended. She hopes to follow in her family's footsteps and pursue a graduate degree in the near future.
- August 24-25; 27-31—One Stop Center
- August 29—Fall 2018 classes begin at 8 a.m. - please note this is the Wednesday before Labor Day.
- September 3—Labor Day recess - University closed
- September 5—Last day for students to make changes to their schedules in GoWMU
- September 6—Last day to drop and add classes (departmental cleanup); Last day to receive 100% refund; Census
- September 7—$100 late add fee begins; Begin recording "W" for withdrawals; Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- September 12—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- September 17—Spring 2019 course offerings open for viewing
- September 24—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- October 1—Spring 2019 opens for registration
- October 15—Midterm grades are due
- October 17-19—Fall recess - University is open during normal business hours
- October 22—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- October 29—Last day to withdraw from classes
- November 21—Thanksgiving break begins at noon
- December 10-13—Final examinations
- December 15—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 18—Final grades are due by noon