Priority registration ended last Tuesday. At this point, all eligible students can register for spring 2019 courses. This is a great time to begin reaching out to students who have not yet registered. A Cognos report is available to help you identify those students. Cognos report, "20.30.20 Students Registered in Prior Terms Not Registered in Future Terms" can be located by navigating to the 20.00 Enrollment folder, then to 20.30 Retention. The report excludes students who have graduated, applied for graduation or have been academically dismissed.
Co-requisites and pre-requisites
Students are able to register for a class for which they are currently taking the pre-requisite. If the class has a co-requisite, then registration for both classes must take place simultaneously. Students should enter both CRNs to the Add Classes Worksheet and then click Submit Changes. Advisors should enter both CRNs to SFAREGS and save twice.
Last day to withdraw
The last day to withdraw from a fall 2018 course is next Monday, October 29. Students can withdraw in GoWMU. If a hold exists, they may withdraw in person at the Registrar's Office or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using their wmich.edu address.
Withdrawal from a course any time after October 29 will only be permitted through the hardship panel withdrawal process. An email to students reminding them of the deadline is scheduled this week.
Looking ahead to fall 2019
The fall 2019 schedule will be available for editing in Banner beginning today. To help with your planning, here is a summary of the schedule building dates:
October 22: Round one working reports are available and can be generated by logging into Cognos. Banner access has been activated to make changes. Changes may only be made for the fall 2019 term.
Changes for the spring, summer I, and summer II 2019 terms should be submitted via section change forms.
November 16: Round one edits should be completed in Banner. Access is deactivated at 5 p.m. All special requests should be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office. All instructors with documented ADA requests should be assigned to their sections for appropriate room assignments.
November 26: Bulk room assignment process begins. Section change forms for fall 2019 may be not be processed until the second week of December. They will be completed in the order they were received.
January 22: Final round working reports are available and can be generated by logging into Cognos. All revisions are to be written in red ink on the working report. Banner access is not available to departments for this round.
January 25: Final round deadline. All signed revised working reports must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office by 5 p.m.
Judy is an Academic Auditor in the Registrar’s Office. She audits for the College of Business and the Nursing program. She ensures that all requirements are met for graduation eligibility and post conferral of degrees. She began working at WMU in 2008 as a clerk at the front customer service counter and then moved to auditing clerk before she became an academic auditor in 2009.
Judy graduated from Parsons Business School with a business degree in 1979. She then worked as a customer service representative at an insurance agency for twenty years. After that, she worked for Portage Public Schools for ten years before starting at WMU. Judy and her husband Doug have been married for 33 years. She has three children, a daughter-n-law, who works for WMU Public Safety, and three granddaughters with a fourth on the way.
Judy enjoys spending time with her family, granddaughters, and friends. She likes being outdoors and spending time at Lake Michigan.
- October 22—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- October 29—Last day to withdraw from classes
- November 21—Thanksgiving break begins at noon
- December 1—Deadline to apply for spring graduation
- December 10-13—Final examinations
- December 15—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 18—Final grades are due by noon
- January 2—Spring tuition and fees are due
- January 2-4—Advising days
- January 7—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- January 7-8—One Stop Convenience Center
- January 11—Last day students can drop/add through GoWMU
- January 14—Department cleanup*; Census
- January 15—$100 late add fee begins; Begin recording withdrawals with a final grade of "W" on transcripts
- January 17—Last day to receive a 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- January 21—Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Convocation and Activities
- January 22—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- February 1—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal; deadline to apply for summer graduation
- March 1—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal; Spirit Day (no classes - University open)
- March 4-8—Spring recess (no classes - University open)
- March 11—Midterm grades are due
- March 18—Last day to withdraw from spring classes
- April 22-25—Final examinations
- April 27—Semester ends; Commencement
- April 30—Final grades are due by noon
*Departmental cleanup day provides the opportunity for departments to assist students in adding/dropping classes. Students do not have access to adjust their schedules via GoWMU on this day; they do receive a 100% refund for any classes dropped by the department.