Fall 2018 grading
Grading for the fall 2018 semester is open. Grades are due no later than noon on Tuesday, December 18.
As a reminder, instructors are required to provide the date a student last attended class when the student is receiving a grade of “E” or “X”. If attendance information is not available, the instructor can use the last date of recorded academic activity. In cases where the student does not come to even one class session or does not complete any work, the first day of the semester should be used. It is important that the date provided be as accurate as possible since it will be used to determine student awards and refunds.
Looking ahead to spring 2019
Students will be able to view their tuition invoices on Wednesday, November 21 at the end of the day. Students can access their invoices by logging into their GoWMU account and selecting Payment and Account Information.
Spring 2019 tuition and fees are due January 2.
Graduates are able to reserve their four guest tickets online through December 10. After completing the ticket reservation process, students will be able to print a PDF ticket or send the ticket electronically to their guest. A link to reserve tickets is on the commencement website under "Tickets."
Tickets not claimed by December 10 will be donated to the extra ticket pool. While quantities last, the extra tickets will be available to graduates to reserve on December 13 and 14. The reservation process for the extra tickets is the same as above.
From the desk of the Registrar
December graduates represent 33 different countries from Canada to Ukraine.
Please note: We anticipate that Banner will be upgraded to version 9 during the Thanksgiving recess. Please watch for additional information in the notes on Monday, November 26.
Banner 9 is a major upgrade to the student information system and has a completely new look and feel. Some of the terminologies have changed and some of the basic navigations will look different. For your convenience, a quick guide overview has been posted online.
Banner 8 will remain available for your use even after the upgrade. Changes made to student records in Banner 8 will automatically change the record in Banner 9.
Brenda has been with WMU since 2004. She started in the transcript area, processing the numerous transcript requests received each day. Within a year, she was promoted to the Veterans Coordinator.
As the Veterans Coordinator, Brenda certifies enrollment and monitors the academic progress for over 500 veteran students. The Veteran population has grown and changed since 2005 but she remains consistent in her friendly and patient assistance.
Brenda has received many accolades including a peer-nominated Make a Difference award.
Brenda enjoys traveling with her husband and family. She enjoys watching college basketball and attended a couple of NCAA tournaments. She also enjoys spending time with her two granddaughters who keep her busy with all their activities.
- November 21—Thanksgiving break begins at noon
- December 1—Deadline to apply for spring graduation
- December 10-13—Final examinations
- December 15—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 18—Final grades are due by noon
- January 2—Spring tuition and fees are due
- January 2-4—Advising days
- January 7—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- January 7-8—One Stop Convenience Center
- January 11—Last day students can drop/add through GoWMU
- January 14—Department cleanup*; Census
- January 15—$100 late add fee begins; Begin recording withdrawals with a final grade of "W" on transcripts
- January 17—Last day to receive a 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- January 21—Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Convocation and Activities
- January 22—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- February 1—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal; deadline to apply for summer graduation
- March 1—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal; Spirit Day (no classes - University open)
- March 4-8—Spring recess (no classes - University open)
- March 11—Midterm grades are due
- March 18—Last day to withdraw from spring classes
- April 22-25—Final examinations
- April 27—Semester ends; Commencement
- April 30—Final grades are due by noon
*Departmental cleanup day provides the opportunity for departments to assist students in adding/dropping classes. Students do not have access to adjust their schedules via GoWMU on this day; they do receive a 100% refund for any classes dropped by the department.