Online ticketing is open for graduates to reserve their four guest tickets for April Commencement. An email was sent to eligible students last Monday with a link to the ticketing system. After completing the reservation process, graduates receive a confirmation email with the tickets attached.
Commencement tickets may be printed and distributed or shared electronically with guests. Graduates have until April 22 to reserve tickets.
As of last week, 4,257 undergraduate students and 1,958 graduate students attending this semester have not yet registered for fall 2019. An email was sent to students on Friday reminding them to register before they leave for the summer. You can help by reaching out as well. A list which includes their contact information can be found in Cognos using report 21.00.20.
Spring 2020 schedule building
The spring 2020 schedule will be available to departments to review and edit in Banner beginning Monday, April 29. For schedule building training, please contact Richard Carbonneau.
Looking to save some time in Banner 9?
- Enter key instead of "Go"
- Alt + Page Down to "next block"
- F10 on your keyboard to save changes
Under FERPA, prior written consent must be obtained before a student's education record may be disclosed to a third party unless they are exempted from this provision. Information will be released without the student's prior written consent to the following groups or individuals:
- Western Michigan University faculty and staff with legitimate educational need to know.
- Representatives of agencies or organizations from which the student has received financial aid, including banks or other lending agencies from which the student has guaranteed student loans.
- Individuals or groups specifically exempted from the prior consent requirement.
- Federal and state officials, organizations conducting studies on behalf of Western Michigan University and accrediting organizations.
- Upon request, WMU may disclose education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll or where the student is already enrolled so long as the disclosure is for the purposes related to the student's enrollment or transfer.
Instances in which prior written consent is not required include:
- Requests in connection with an emergency, if such information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other people.
- Requests in accordance with a lawful subpoena or court order.
- Requests for directory information, if such information has not been restricted by the student.
Additional information about FERPA can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
22-25 - Final examinations
27 - Semester ends; Commencement
29 - Tuition and fees are due for the Summer I term
30 - Final grades are due by noon
6 - Summer I begins at 8 a.m.
10 - Last day students can drop/add through GoWMU
13 - Department cleanup*; Last day to receive a 100% refund; Census
14 - $100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdrawals with a final grade of "W" on transcripts
17 - last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
27 - Memorial Day - University closed
31 - Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
3 - Last day to withdraw from classes
20 - Tuition and fees are due for the Summer II term
26 - Summer I term ends
27 - Summer II begins at 8 a.m.
29 - Commencement
*Department cleanup day provides the opportunity for departments to assist students in adding/dropping classes. Students do not have access to adjust their schedules via GoWMU on this day; they do receive a 100% refund for any classes.