SUM 2020 course offerings open for viewing Jan. 27; registration begins Feb. 10
Next Saturday is the deadline for 2020 graduation applications
As a reminder, students must submit graduation applications for June, August and December 2020 by Saturday, Feb. 1. The deadline is firm; no exceptions will be made. We have promoted the application deadline by:
- Emailing eligible undergraduate and graduate students in Dec. 2019 and Jan. 2020.
- Calling eligible undergraduate students in Jan. 2020.
- Emailing graduate staff/faculty in Jan. 2020.
- Listing the deadline within our spring welcome email to all enrolled students.
- Featuring the deadline on our voicemail greeting during the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day recess.
- Collaborating with the Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications and the Office of Information Technology to run an announcement within GoWMU, WMU Today and the WMU Events Calendar.
- Working with numerous departments and colleges to run a new flyer on nearly all of WMU's digital display screens (including the transit system).
For more information regarding our processes for determining student eligibility, please contact John Scott at (269) 387-4308.
Thanks again for helping us share the Feb. 1 deadline. Your work is appreciated. We would like to give a special shoutout to the Graduate College for creating and distributing postcards to all eligible graduate students. Great idea!
Spring commencement information
Spring commencement will be held on Saturday, April 25. Ceremony times are as follows:
Haworth College of Business
College of Aviation
College of Education and Human Development
College of Fine Arts
Extended University Programs
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Health and Human Services
College of Arts and Sciences
Students who are approved to participate in the ceremonies will be eligible to receive up to four guest tickets. The commencement ticket reservation system for graduates to reserve their tickets will open March 11 at 8 a.m. Graduating students will receive this information (along with additional logistics) in an email from our office later today.
Fall grading is closed
Grading for the fall 2019 semester has been closed. Students who were not issued a grade by the instructor have been given an incomplete. Instructors can remove the "I" grade using the "Remove Incomplete Grade" link on the Faculty menu in GoWMU.
Did you know? A fun fact from the Registrar...
Congratulations to Jim Bronson, our systems manager, for another victory in the annual chicken wing competition at Waldo's Campus Tavern last Friday! Jim's total: 26 wings in 10 minutes.