Virtual orientation concludes tomorrow
As of last week, 89% of students have completed their virtual advising appointment and 62% have completed the online orientation modules. Students have until tomorrow (Aug. 15) to complete virtual orientation. We also offered nearly 300 virtual community sessions from around 100 campus hosts! OST would like to thank everyone who has been involved in all parts of virtual orientation!
Here's what students have to say about the orientation advising experience:
- "I loved the help my advisor was able to provide, she really eased some of the stress I had put on myself with this rough fall school season. She was absolutely amazing."
- "She was very helpful and was able to answer all my questions. I really appreciated her patience and understanding."
- "Academic advisor was professional, as well as personable and helpful. I feel much more at ease with my course load and schedule for my freshman year and feel comfortable bringing further questions to my advisor."
SUM II session ends today; grades due Aug. 18
As a reminder, the final grade worksheet will be available for grade submission until noon on Tuesday, Aug. 18. Students will not be able to see their grades online until the grade roll process is completed in the Registrar’s Office. This is done shortly after noon on the day grades are due and nightly thereafter.
View tips and best practices for grading
Admissions information and deadlines
Fall 2020 application fee waiver
The transfer application deadline has been extended until Monday, Aug. 24. Admissions is waiving the $40 application fee for students who complete a transfer student application for fall 2020; the fee will be automatically waived as they submit the application. No code is needed.
2021 admissions application
The undergraduate domestic admissions application for all 2021 semesters is now open! Applicants should complete an application file* by the dates below to be considered for admission and other opportunities.
- Spring 2021 entry for all undergraduate student types: Jan. 1, 2021.
- Summer I 2021 entry for all undergraduate student types: May 1, 2021.
- Summer II 2021 entry for all undergraduate student types: June 15, 2021.
- Fall 2021 entry for first-year students:
- Dec. 15, 2020, Early Action (non-binding). Admission scholarship consideration and priority Lee Honors College consideration.
- June 1, 2021, Rolling Admission.
- Fall 2021 entry for transfer and all other undergraduate student types: Aug. 15, 2021.
*A complete application file includes application, official high school transcripts and application fee or fee waiver.
WMU testing policy for 2021 entry
In light of the uncertainty surrounding the timeline of and access to the ACT or SAT, WMU has adopted a test-optional policy for students applying for 2021 entry terms. This policy applies to both admission and Office of Admissions scholarship consideration.
Definition of “test-optional”: Students may report/submit ACT or SAT test scores if they wish, but it is not required. If a student does wish to have their test score used in the admission process, they can self-report their scores on the admission application. Students should report/submit scores from all test dates; doing so will allow WMU to use the highest subscores from any test date to superscore the total (SAT) or composite (ACT) score.
Enrolling students: Students who decide to enroll at WMU are encouraged to provide official test scores (if they have them) prior to new student orientation. Scores can be sent directly from the testing agency or included on an official high school transcript.
Important Dates for Faculty and Staff calendar now available
See the calendar
Did you know? A fun fact from the Registrar...
As of this morning, graduation application reminder emails have been opened in Brazil, Canada, China, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Oman, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, United Kingdom and USA.