Spring 2016 registration
Registration for the spring 2016 semester opened this morning for graduate students. Priority registration goes through Thursday, October 29. The registration schedule for this week is as follows:
|Day||Date||Level||Minimum Credit Hours||Last Name||Time|
|Monday||Oct. 12||Graduate Students||8 a.m.|
|Tuesday||Oct. 13||Athletes, DSS, Honors, Trio||8 a.m.|
|Wednesday||Oct. 14||Seniors||122||N/A||8 a.m.|
|Thursday||Oct. 15||Seniors||104||N/A||8 a.m.|
|Friday||Oct. 16||Seniors||88||N/A||8 a.m.|
As a reminder, the first time a student accesses the schedule of course offerings or registers for courses for a fall or spring semester, they are prompted to update or validate their contact information. In addition to entering a permanent/home address and emergency contact information, students are required to enter a cell phone number. If they do not have a cell phone, they are directed to enter their primary phone number in the field.
The WMU Employee Security re-authorization form is available in GoWMU. An email was sent to employees on Oct. 1 providing detailed instructions on how to complete the electronic re-authorization process. Student employees will not have access to the Faculty/Staff Home tab in GoWMU, however a re-authorization link is provided for them on the Student Home tab under View/Update My Personal Information. Employees and supervisors have until Oct. 15 to complete the process.
FERPA and Protecting Confidential Information
- Do not leave information displayed on an unattended computer. Close out of any confidential information before leaving your workstation and make sure your computer is password-protected.
- Position your computer monitor to ensure that information displayed is not visible to others.
- Always cover, turn over, or put away papers that contain confidential information if you are going to step away from your desk.
- Do not display student scores or grades publicly in association with names, SSNs, WINs, any part of the SSN or WIN, or other personal identifiers.
- Records containing student information should be shredded and never placed in unsecured recycling bins.
- Do not put tests, exams, or papers containing student names and grades in publicly accessible places. Students should not have access to the scores and grades of other students in the class.
- Monday, Oct. 12—Spring 2016 registration begins
- Sunday, Oct. 25—Midterm grades due
- Wednesday, Oct. 28—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Nov. 9—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Wednesday, Nov. 25—Thanksgiving recess begins at noon
- Monday, Nov. 30—Classes resume
- Dec. 14 - 18—Final exam week
- Saturday, Dec. 19—Semester ends; Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 22—Final grades due by noon