spring 2017 registration changes
Students who wish to add a Spring 2017 course to their schedule can do so with the approval of the instructor and the department chair. The registration will need to be done in the Registrar’s Office and a completed Permission to Late Add form is required.
Today is the last day students can receive a 50% refund for withdrawing from individual classes. After today, there is no refund for a partial withdraw. Students withdrawing from all classes are eligible to receive a 50% refund through February 6.
A 24-hour grace period is provided to students who drop a course that meets for the first time on or after the end of the drop/add period. Students dropping a class within 24 hours of the start date should contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure they receive the correct refund.
Since we are past the drop and add period, students are not able to “swap” sections of a course. Changing sections will require the student to withdraw from one section and go through the late add process in order to register for another section.
As a reminder, major/minor changes are no longer permitted for the Spring 2017 semester. Any changes requested will need to be made effective for the next term, Summer I 2017. Since registration for summer is not open yet, the change will need to be made on SGASTDN. Click here for instructions.
fall 2017 schedule building
The Fall 2017 working reports are available in Cognos beginning today. During this second round, departments do not have access to make changes in Banner.
If you do not have changes to your schedule, please let us know by completing the Academic Scheduling Submission Form. Using this new feature, you do not have to return working reports.
If you do have changes, please mark them in red on the working report and return to the Registrar’s Office:
By email: email@example.com
Online: https://www.wmich.edu/registrar/faculty-staff-submissions (new!)
All working reports must be signed by the department chair. The deadline to submit the online form or your working report is Friday, January 27 no later than 5 p.m.
The Summer I and Summer II schedules opened for viewing this morning. Summer registration will open on February 6. The priority registration schedule can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
- Jan. 23—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Jan. 23—Summer I/Summer II 2017 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Feb. 6—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Feb. 6—Summer I/Summer II 2017 opens for registration
- Mar. 3—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Mar. 3—Spirit Day (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 6 - 10—Spring Break (no classes, University open)
- Mar. 13—Midterm grades due
- Mar. 20—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 24 - 28—Final exam week
- Apr. 29—Semester ends; Commencement
- May 2—Final grades due by noon