Spring 2019 registration
Registration for the spring 2019 semester opens this morning for graduate students. Priority registration goes through Tuesday, October 16. The registration schedule is as follows:
|Mon||Oct. 1||Graduate Students||8 a.m.|
|Wed||Oct. 3||Seniors||122||8 a.m.|
|Thur||Oct. 4||Seniors||104||8 a.m.|
|Fri||Oct. 5||Seniors||88||8 a.m.|
The complete registration schedule can be found online.
The first time a student access the schedule of course offerings or registers for courses in GoWMU for a fall or spring semester, they are prompted to:
- Update or validate their contact information.
- Enter a permanent home address.
- Enter an emergency contact.
- Enter a cell phone number (if they do not have a cell phone, they are directed to enter their primary phone number in the field).
- Select the box to agree with WMU's financial responsibility agreement.
Times for the December 15, 2018 commencement ceremonies have been set. Three ceremonies will be held in Miller Auditorium.
College of Aviation
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Health and Human Services
Haworth College of Business
College of Education and Human Development
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Fine Arts
Extended University Programs
Graduates will be able to reserve four guest tickets beginning November 19. Ticket reservations will be accepted through December 10. Additional tickets, if available, may be reserved December 13 and 14.
Further information about the December commencement ceremony can be found on the commencement website.
Dawn is an Academic Auditor in the Registrar’s Office. She audits undergraduate and graduate records to ensure all requirements are met for graduation eligibility. Dawn is one of the auditors responsible for completing graduation audits for Health and Human Services and the College of Arts and Sciences. She began working at WMU in 2013 as the transcript clerk and then became an auditor in 2014.
Dawn grew up in the Kalamazoo area. She graduated from WMU with a BBA in Finance in 1988. Prior to working at WMU, Dawn worked in the banking industry for over 20 years. She also worked at Mattawan Later Elementary where she was part of the literacy support team. Dawn and her husband have been married for 28 wonderful years. Her husband is also a graduate of WMU. Their two daughters are currently attending Western. Their oldest daughter is following in her dad’s footsteps and is majoring in business management. Their youngest daughter is majoring in psychology.
Dawn and her family enjoy being outdoors and spending time together on the weekends. She is an ardent supporter and volunteer for the Alzheimer's Association. Dawn and her daughters are volunteers at the Kalamazoo SPCA.
- October 1—Spring 2019 opens for registration
- October 15—Midterm grades are due
- October 17-19—Fall recess - University is open during normal business hours
- October 22—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- October 29—Last day to withdraw from classes
- November 21—Thanksgiving break begins at noon
- December 10-13—Final examinations
- December 15—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 18—Final grades are due by noon