Update from the Office of the Provost
Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management on-campus interviews are tentatively planned for the weeks of March 28 and April 4. As new details become available, we will share them with you. Please check the Administrative Search web page for candidate information and public presentation times: wmich.edu/provost/administrative-searches.
Fall registration begins next week
Fall 2022 registration opens on Monday, March 14, for graduate students. Priority registration concludes Tuesday, March 29. Staff from the Registrar's Office will be available to answer phone calls beginning at 7:30 a.m. throughout the priority registration period.
See the registration schedule
As a reminder, students will now be required to initiate all schedule changes themselves through GoWMU. The Registrar's Office has created a video tutorial to help navigate SFASRPO, as well as a registration walk-through video for students.
Connecting with admitted students
The Office of Admissions is partnering with academic colleges and a number of academic support services, student organizations and campus departments to offer in-person experiences for incoming admitted students. If you are working with this population, please encourage admitted students to attend the event most convenient for them:
Admitted Student Events
- Dates: March 18, March 25 and April 8, at the Bernhard Center
- Audience: Admitted first-year and transfer students
- Registration: wmich.edu/admissions/futurebronco
WMU to YOU - Grand Rapids
- Date: Wednesday, March 23, at Frederik Meijer Gardens
- Audience: Admitted first-year and transfer students in the GR area
- Registration: wmich.edu/admissions/wmugr
Transfer Student Event
- Date: Friday, April 1, at the Bernhard Center
- Audience: Admitted and prospective transfer students
- Registration: wmich.edu/transfer/event
WMU to YOU - Detroit
- Date: Wednesday, April 6, at Ford Field
- Audience: Admitted first-year and transfer students in the Detroit area
- Registration: wmich.edu/admissions/wmudetroit
In addition, if one of the above dates doesn’t work for a student, we offer campus tours Monday through Friday and most Saturdays. Students may register at wmich.edu/visit.
Last day to withdraw from spring classes is March 21
GoWMU will be available for students to withdraw until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 21. Students with a registration hold who are unable to use GoWMU may request a withdrawal in person through the Registrar's Office until 5 p.m. on March 21 or by emailing the Registrar's Office.
Late graduation applications must be submitted by April 1
As a reminder, Feb. 1 was the deadline for June, August and December 2022 graduation applications. Students may now submit a late application through April 1 or apply for the next available graduation term. Please direct students interested in submitting a late application to contact Jessica Pickett.
Late applicants will be charged $200 in addition to the $55 graduation fee. All earnings from the late fee will be used to bolster future communication efforts. The Registrar's Office sent a final reminder regarding the April 1 deadline to eligible students last week. Please direct questions to John Scott.
Spring commencement information
Spring commencement ceremonies will take place on Saturday, April 30. Ceremony times are as follows:
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Fine Arts
- Haworth College of Business
- College of Aviation
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Merze Tate College
Graduates may choose between two options for how they would like to participate:
- Option 1 (in-person): Graduates may attend a traditional in-person ceremony with their guests in Miller Auditorium.
- Option 2 (virtual): Graduates may submit a photo that will be displayed while their names are read during the in-person ceremony in Miller Auditorium. Doctoral graduates will have the opportunity to have their hooding filmed on campus prior to April 30, which will then be shown while their names and dissertation titles are read during the in-person ceremony in Miller Auditorium.
The ceremony will be livestreamed and publicly available via wmich.edu/commencement. Graduates must choose one of the two options; they cannot do both. We want to provide graduates with the flexibility to choose how they celebrate given the ongoing pandemic.
Updates from Student Financial Aid
Summer I 2022 undergraduate and graduate financial aid applications are now available at wmich.edu/finaid/resources/forms. Summer II 2022 financial aid applications will be posted in April.
Unused Federal Work-study offers may be canceled beginning Wednesday, March 16. See details at wmich.edu/finaid/workstudy.
Did you know? A fun fact from the Registrar...
There are currently 229,686 notes in Degree Works.