2022 CEHD Awards and Recognition Ceremony
Friday, April 22
5 to 8 p.m.
WMU Bernhard Center Ballroom
Each spring, the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University acknowledges students, faculty and staff for their great accomplishments from the past year. Recipients are nominated by fellow faculty, staff and students and voted on by the Awards and Recognition Committee. View committee members.
- One completed nomination form and one support form are required. Additional support forms are optional and will be accepted if submitted. If nomination and support forms are not fully complete, submissions will not be reviewed by Awards and Recognition Committee.
- Those submitting support information need only fill out the support form.
- The CEHD Awards Committee encourages nominations and support letter from all CEHD faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners.
- The CEHD Awards Committee reviews the nominations and support material based on the award criteria. For each category a selection criteria rubric has been provided. The committee recommends that nominations and letters of support provide information that addresses information in the rubric.
- Nominations submitted in the prior 2-year cycle will be reviewed by the committee. Additional or updated nomination and support material is not required but is welcome.
- For each nomination and support the word count range is 350 (minimum) to 500 (maximum). The online nomination form is set for these limits. This word count was established so that the selection committee will have a clear picture of the strengths of each of the nominees.
- Once all winners have been determined, the name of the nominator will be shared with each nominee; and upon request of the nominee the nomination and support materials are provided to each nominee.
- Generally, winners for an individual category will not be repeated within a 5-year period. A list of the previous winners (within 5 years) can be found under each individual award category.
The College of Education and Human Development Awards and Recognition Committee is accepting nominations of individuals in the college for the following awards:
- Esprit De Corps
- Multicultural Advocate Award for Global Engagement
- Multicultural Advocate Award for Promoting Diversity
- Rising Star Award
- Staff Excellence Award
- Strengthening Community Connections Award
- Teaching Excellence Award
- Trailblazer Award
The committee encourages nominations from faculty, staff and students. Nominations are to be based on the criteria outlined for each award. Questions may be directed to Amy Burns.
2022 AWARD RECIPIENTS
Esprit De Corps Award
- Val Horwath | Office of the Dean
Staff Excellence Award
- Andrea Bau | Office of Admissions and Advising
Multicultural Advocate Award for Global Engagement
- Dr. Donna Talbot | ELRT
Multicultural Advocate Award for Promotion of Diversity
- Dr. Jill Hermann-Wilmarth | TLES
Part-Time Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Shamika Hall | CECP
Mary L. Dawson Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Arezoo Rojhani | FCS
Rising Star Award
- Doctoral — Yunzheng Zheng | Educational Leadership, ELRT
- Masters — Zane Kathryne Schwaiger | Counselor Education, CECP
- Undergraduate — Hailey Timmerman | Early Childhood Education, TLES
Strengthening Community Connections Award
- Dr. Regena Nelson | TLES
- Dr. Stephanie Burns | CECP