2019 Awards and Recognition End of the Year Celebration
Friday, April 19
5 p.m., Gilmore Theatre Complex atrium
Nominations for 2018-19 are closed.
Each spring, the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University acknowledges students, faculty and staff for their great accomplishments from the past year. Recipients are nominated by fellow faculty, staff and students and voted on by the Awards and Recognition Committee.
- One completed nomination form and one support form are required. Additional support forms are optional and will be accepted if submitted. If nomination and support forms are not fully complete, submissions will not be reviewed by Awards and Recognition Committee.
- Those submitting support information need only fill out the support form.
- The CEHD Awards Committee encourages nominations and support letter from all CEHD faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners.
- The CEHD Awards Committee reviews the nominations and support material based on the award criteria.
- For each nomination and support the word count range is 250 (minimum) to 600 (maximum). The online nomination form is set for these limits. This word count was established so that the selection committee will have a clear picture of the strengths of each of the nominee.
- Once all winners have been determined, the name of the nominator will be shared with each nominee; and upon request of the nominee the nomination and support materials are provided to each nominee.
- Generally, winners for an individual category will not be repeated within a 5-year period. A list of the previous winners (within 5 years) can be found under each individual award category.
The College of Education and Human Development Awards and Recognition Committee is accepting nominations of individuals in the college for the following awards:
- Esprit De Corps
- Multicultural Advocate Award for Global Engagement
- Multicultural Advocate Award for Promoting Diversity
- Rising Star Award
- Staff Excellence Award
- Strengthening Community Connections Award
- Teaching Excellence Award
- Trailblazer Award
The committee encourages nominations from faculty, staff and students. Nominations are to be based on the criteria outlined for each award. Questions may be directed to Amy Burns.
2019 award Recipients
Esprit De Corps Award
- Tyler Sonnenberg-Ward
Staff Excellence Award
- Darcey Stevens
Multicultural Advocate Award for Global Engagement
- Dr. Jennifer Foster
Multicultural Advocate Award for Promotion of Diversity
- Dr. David Szabla
Teaching Excellence Award
- Part-time—Dr. Steven Sanocki
Mary L. Dawson Teaching Excellence Award
- Dr. Stephen Craig
Rising Star Award
- Doctoral—Lisa Garcia
- Masters—Deniz Toker
- Undergraduate—Alex Bohr
Strengthening Community Connections Award
- Dr. Jim Lewis
- Dr. Selena Protacio