This award recognizes an individual who personifies the vision of the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University, especially in reference to respectful civility, collegiality and academic citizenship which work to lift the overall spirit of the college’s environment.
Awards and Recognition Ceremony
Each spring, the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University acknowledges students, faculty and staff for their great accomplishments from the past year.
Nominations for 2023 awards are open until March 10, 2023.
Nominations are currently open until March 10. Recipients are nominated by fellow faculty, staff and students and voted on by the Awards and Recognition Committee. To view current committee members, click here. For a nomination to be considered complete it must have the following:
- One completed nomination form and one support form are required. Additional support forms are optional and will be accepted if submitted. If nomination and support forms are not fully complete, submissions will not be reviewed by Awards and Recognition Committee.
- Those submitting support information need only fill out the support form.
- The CEHD Awards Committee encourages nominations and support letter from all CEHD faculty, staff, students, alumni and community partners.
- The CEHD Awards Committee reviews the nominations and support material based on the award criteria. For each category a selection criteria rubric has been provided. The committee recommends that nominations and letters of support provide information that addresses information in the rubric.
- Nominations submitted in the prior 2-year cycle will be reviewed by the committee. Additional or updated nomination and support material is not required but is welcome.
- For each nomination and support the word count range is 350 (minimum) to 500 (maximum). The online nomination form is set for these limits. This word count was established so that the selection committee will have a clear picture of the strengths of each of the nominees.
- Once all winners have been determined, the name of the nominator will be shared with each nominee; and upon request of the nominee the nomination and support materials are provided to each nominee.
- Generally, winners for an individual category will not be repeated within a 5-year period. A list of the previous winners (within 5 years) can be found under each individual award category.