Equipment is available for checkout at Western Michigan University's Student Recreation Center equipment issue desk for patrons with a valid Bronco Card. Equipment will be available at the service desk during non-peak hours or emergencies. Guests may not check out equipment. Any damaged items or items not returned will be billed to the user. Equipment available includes, but is not limited to:
- Badminton bird
- Badminton racket
- Dip belt
- Jump rope
- Medicine ball
- Men’s basketball
- Racquetball goggles
- Racquetball racquet (50 cent charge)
- Resistance bands
- Soccer ball
- Squash ball
- Squash racquet
- Table tennis paddle
- Tennis ball
- Tennis racquet
- Weight belt
- Women’s basketball
Equipment checkout policies
Only patrons with a valid Bronco Card may check out equipment. Guests may not check out equipment. Please examine equipment carefully prior to checking out to make sure equipment is not damaged or non-functioning. Any damaged items or items not returned will be billed to the user at the replacement cost. Items are considered damaged when they are no longer usable or playable, e.g., crack in the frame, severe bending or warping of frame, popping of basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls and other similarly shaped objects, etc.
Equipment may be rented for both indoor and outdoor, on-campus or off-campus use. The following items are available for rent:
- Bocce set, $10 per day ($50 replacement cost)
- Cones, $4 each ($10 replacement cost)
- Flag football belts, $60 for 20 belts ($5 replacement cost per belt)
- Horseshoes set, $10 per day ($50 replacement cost)
- Officials jerseys, $25 for two ($30 replacement cost per jersey)
- Outdoor volleyball court system, $40 per weekend ($200 replacement cost)
- Pennies, $50 per dozen ($5 replacement cost per penny)
- Tug-of-war rope, $20 per day ($100 replacement cost)
Please contact Chris Voss at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in renting equipment.
Rental package supplement
Equipment is also available to supplement most rental packages—both indoor and outdoor, on-campus or off-campus facility rentals. Please refer to the facility rental page for more information on renting our facilities.
For questions regarding equipment rental, please call (269) 387-4732 or email us.