Fall 2015 registration changes
Students who wish to add a fall 2015 course to their schedule can do so with the approval of the instructor and the department chair. The registration will need to be done in the Registrar's Office and a completed Permission to Late Add form is required, which can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
Students adding their first course after census (September 15) will be assessed a late add fee of $100 per class. Students who are registered for at least one course on census day will not be charged a late fee for adding additional classes.
Today is the last day students can receive a 50% refund for withdrawing from individual classes. After today, there is no refund for a partial withdraw. Students withdrawing from all classes are eligible to receive a 50% refund through Friday, October 2.
A 24-hour grace period is provided to student who drop a course that meets for the first time on or after the end of the drop/add period. Students dropping a class within 24 hours of the start date should contact the Registrar's Office to make sure they receive the correct refund.
Grade mode and credit hour changes
At this point in the semester students can no longer change from a letter grade to credit/no credit, or from credit/no credit to a letter grade. Students are also unable to decrease credit hours in a variable credit course. According to university policy, changes to the grade mode and the credit hour range can only be done through the end of the drop/add period.
First work and midterm grading
Midterm grading is open and instructors are encouraged to submit a first work grade by Sunday, September 27. First work grades can be entered using the midterm grade worksheet located on the faculty menu in GoWMU. Providing early feedback to students gives them a sense of how they are doing in the course and lets them know where they may need to make adjustments while they still have time to do so. The midterm grade deadline is Sunday, October 25.
Times for the December 19 commencement ceremony have been set. Three ceremonies will be held in Miller auditorium as follows:
- College of Aviation
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Fine Arts
- Haworth College of Business
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- College of Arts and Sciences
- Extended University Programs
Additional information regarding the December commencement ceremony can be found on the commencement website.
Spring 2016 registration
The spring 2016 schedule opens for viewing one week from today and registration begins on Monday, October 12. The complete registration schedule can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
- Monday, Sept. 21—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Sunday, Sept. 27—First work grades due
- Monday, Sept. 28—Spring 2016 course offerings open for viewing
- Friday, Oct. 2—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Wednesday, Oct. 28—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Nov. 9—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Wednesday, Nov. 25—Thanksgiving recess begins at noon
- Monday, Nov. 30—Classes resume
- Dec. 14 - 18—Final exam week
- Saturday, Dec. 19—Semester ends; Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 22—Final grades due by noon