We offer nationally and internationally recognized graduate programs in a broad range of disciplines. You can choose from dozens of offerings at the doctoral, specialist and master’s levels as well as graduate certificate programs. Check out our many outstanding graduate programs at WMU.
WMU researchers advance knowledge in their disciplines and apply new knowledge locally and around the globe. As a member of our community of scholars, you can make a difference.
Top research institution
You’ll find WMU large enough to meet your educational goals, yet compact enough to remain student focused. As a nationally recognized research university, WMU provides the resources you need to take full advantage of a scholarly community designed to foster collegiality and spark creativity.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently places WMU among the nation’s top 100 public institutions and one of the top 30 in the Midwest.
- The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching defines WMU as one of just 139 public research universities in the nation.
- Nationally and internationally acclaimed programs at WMU range from evaluation and medieval studies to audiology and creative writing—to name only a few.
As a WMU student, you have access to the sophisticated technology and facilities essential for graduate-level study. We are a partner in Internet2 and operate Michigan’s fourth largest library system, which is capable of connecting you with 41,000 libraries worldwide. Among our most advanced facilities:
- New high-tech home for health and human services programs.
- State-of-the-art science research complex with special support for nanotechnology research.
- Cutting-edge engineering campus integrated with our thriving Business Technology and Research Park.
- Award-winning business facility.
- Fine arts complex encompasses a concert hall, three theatres, music composition and recording facilities, and a visual arts center.