By generous donation, special scholarships have been established by Lydia Siedschlag for art students living in Siedschlag Hall, a dormitory for women. Siedschlag Hall is scheduled for demolition in the spring 2021 semester. The on-campus residence hall for Fine Arts students has been temporarily relocated to Harvey Hall as exciting changes continue on the Western campus. All qualifying students will automatically be considered for this scholarship upon successful application. The awards are made at the annual Frostic School of Art Awards Ceremony in April and are effective for the duration of the next academic year. Previous recipients may apply in subsequent years.
- Second Friday in February
- Amount varies from year to year
- Multiple awards
- Scholarships are effective for the duration of the next academic year. One-half during the fall semester and one-half during the spring semester.
- Art majors
- 3.30 or higher GPA
- Undergraduate student with art as primary major
- Enrolled full time
- Graduating seniors are ineligible
- Harvey Hall resident during the academic year after application
- Prepare five studio images and/or video files or a writing sample for art history majors
- Artist Statement
- Applications are now submitted online through SlideRoom