The College of Fine Arts has partnered with Residence Life to offer students majoring in the arts the option of living in the Fine Arts House, located in Harvey Hall. The Fine Arts House community provides a great opportunity for those with a love of visual and performing arts to live together.
- Residents are a mixture of art, dance, music, and theatre majors.
- Past activities include Courtyard Acoustics, painting murals, attending area cultural events, dinner with the College of Fine Arts dean, and much more.
- Close proximity to Dalton Center, Gilmore Theatre Complex, and Richmond Center for Visual Arts.
- The hall has two practice rooms and a visual arts room located on the floor, and a large studio in the basement with a dance floor and wall of mirrors.
- Draper/Siedschlag Hall has a carryout meal service for those busy days with rehearsals, recitals and studio sessions.
- Two Learning Community Assistants who are in the College of Fine Arts.
Registration for the Fine Arts House
When registering for housing, you should indicate Harvey Hall as your primary choice when listing your residence hall preferences. If you have a roommate preference, both you and your roommate must request each other in order to be match in the community. If your requested roommate is not in the College of Fine Arts, we may not be able to place you together in the Fine Arts House if interest in the house is high.
Lydia Siedschlag Scholarship
By generous donation, special scholarships have been established for Frostic School of Art students living in Harvey Hall. All qualifying students will automatically be considered for this scholarship upon successful application. Recipients are notified prior to the Annual Frostic School of Art Awards Ceremony.