Please prepare the following items as part of your application. All information must be uploaded and received by April 15, 2023.
1. Online Application - WMU Graduate College.
Within this application you will be required to submit the following:
- Application Fee - $50: Domestic Students, $100: International Students
- Official set of transcripts sent to:
Western Michigan University
Office of Admissions
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5211
or sent electronically to email@example.com from the institution.
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3. Written Statement - Please submit a personal statement outlining your goals for graduate study, your interest in the media(s) you plan to study, the thematic concerns and form(s) present in your current artwork, and the artists or theories that have been influential. (1-2 pages)
4. Portfolio - 20 examples of artistic work with size and material descriptions submitted as a single PDF. Detail slides are acceptable where necessary. (10MB size limit)
5. Three Academic or Professional References - References should be a person who is familiar with your artistic abilities who can discuss your artwork, critical and conceptual thinking capabilities, work habits, and potential for graduate study in art. References will be contacted via email with a questionnaire regard the applicants’ qualifications for graduate study. Optional: References may also upload a reference letter.
International Student please visit the International Admissions and Services site for assistance.