The Elizabeth M. Smutz Award was established to annually honor an outstanding art education major.
- Second Friday in February
- Amount varies from year to year
- One scholarship per year
- Scholarships are effective for the duration of the next academic year. One-half during the fall semester and one-half during the spring semester.
- GPA 3.0 or higher
- Must be a major in art education
- Full-time undergraduate student
- Graduating seniors are ineligible
- Only one student name may be submitted for nomination by art education faculty