The College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University is the largest academic college at WMU.
The College of Arts and Sciences
- Delivers about one half of the total WMU student credit hours.
- Offers more than 100 undergraduate majors and minors.
- Has more than 300 tenure-track faculty in 25 departments and programs
- Has close to 4,000 undergraduates with approximately 55 percent women and 10 percent minorities.
- Enrolls more than 1,000 graduate students with approximately 50 percent women and 10 percent minorities.
- Has granted more than 80,000 degrees since 1956.
Creates a challenging and intellectually vital learning community
- Has an 11:1 student-faculty ratio.
- Houses more than 40 Registered Student Organizations offering multiple opportunities for students to get involved in a variety of areas – from academics, to service, to hobbies and more.
Cultivates engaged, global citizenship
- Provides high-quality education in the liberal arts from world-class researchers and teachers—bridging the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
- Creates, discovers and disseminates scientific, humanistic and artistic knowledge and expression.
- Fosters intellectual engagement and continuous discovery and learning.
- Has 22 faculty-led study abroad trips across 17 countries.
*Statistical data as of September 2021.