To define and promote the global dimensions of the College's mission to ignite and sustain a passion for learning and discovery.
- Facilitate the implementation of the strategic internationalization goals of the college.
- Pursue all aspects of comprehensive internationalization as defined by the American Council of Education's Center for International Engagement.
- Promote internationalization of the curriculum and CAS global learning outcomes.
- Determine ways to engender faculty development in various aspects of internationalization.
- Work with the marketing office to disseminate information about global activities in CAS.
- Promote faculty and student research with global content.
- Encourage international student and inclusion, engagement and retention.
- Collaborate with HIGE on dual and joint degree programs in the college.
- Work with the Office of Study Abroad to develop and support quality study abroad programs and to better integrate them into programs of study.
- Act as a liaison with the Haenicke Institute for Global Education.
- Members should include representatives from the humanities, the social sciences, the natural sciences, and interdisciplinary programs.
- Meet monthly.
- Elect a chair and rotate responsibility for taking minutes.
- Report to responsible CAS Associate Dean.
- Maintain communications with HIGE and the International Education Council of the Faculty Senate.
Committee details as of Oct. 2018.