Contact us by phone and email
Fall 2020 Restart
WMU re-opened on August 17 for the fall semester, with classes offered as either in-person, online, or hybrid formats beginning September 2. Please note that most offices will have reduced hours of onsite operations for the fall semester, so be sure to check their websites or call ahead.
The Graduate College office is open for appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Walwood Hall. Please note that the building will be locked at all times and in-person staffing will be reduced, so visitors must call in advance to make an appointment at 269-387-8212.
Update November 15, 2020
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced a new emergency order from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services—MDHHS. It enacts a three-week pause targeting indoor social gatherings and other group activities in an effort to curb the rapidly rising COVID-19 infection rate. The order is effective Wednesday, Nov. 18, at 12:01 a.m. and runs through Tuesday, Dec. 8, at 11:59 p.m. and could be extended.
In accordance with the order, the WMU Graduate College will be working remotely through Tuesday, Dec. 8. Read a message from President Montgomery with more details here.
Holiday and December Building Hours
- Thanksgiving break Walwood Hall will be closed on Monday, Nov. 23 through Friday, Nov. 27, with the Graduate College staff working remotely Monday, Nov. 23 through Wednesday, Nov. 25.
- December hours Walwood Hall will be open on Wednesdays only, including Dec. 9 and 16 by appointment.
- Holiday recess Most Western Michigan University offices, including the Graduate College, will observe holiday recess from Thursday, Dec. 24 through Friday, Jan. 1, 2021. During this time Walwood Hall will be closed. The Graduate College staff will resume working on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021 and the spring 2021 semester will begin on Monday, Jan. 11, 2021.
The Graduate College staff continue to work primarily remotely and are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You are welcome to continue reaching out to us in the following ways:
- Admission information New to WMU? Learn more about graduate education at WMU by calling (269) 387-8214 or emailing email@example.com. Also, check out our virtual campus tour at wmich.edu/admissions/virtualtour.
- Application for admission Need help completing your online application? We're just a phone call or an email away! (269) 387-2228 or (269) 387-2025, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate appointments We're available to help by phone at (269) 387-8259 or email email@example.com.
- Graduate awards and fellowships Questions on awards? Call or email us at (269) 387-8209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theses and dissertations Have questions? Need answers? We're available by phone at (269) 387-8271 or email at email@example.com.