Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5353 USA
By appointment: Schedule a consultation with Brad
- Counselor education and counseling psychology
- Educational leadership, research and technology
- Family and consumer sciences
- Human performance and health education
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in evaluation
- Special education and literacy studies
- Teaching, learning and educational studies
Check out my course and research guides.
- M.L.I.S., Wayne State University, 2001
- B.A., History, Western Michigan University, 1991
- Academic library assessment
- Information literacy instruction
- Scholarship of teaching and learning
Professor Bradford Dennis has been an education and human development librarian at Western Michigan University since 2002. He supported the planning and successful opening of the Swain Education Library and served as head of this branch. He then moved into an instruction and outreach role in 2018. Dennis is known on campus for his work with LibQUAL, a national assessment survey of academic libraries that Western participated in every three years between 2004 and 2019. He previously served as Western's University Assessment Steering Committee chair and received a Western Assessment Excellence Award. He is the current chair of the International Education Council of the Faculty Senate.
Dennis's background in libraries and historical research has been utilized extensively by WMU’s Cold Case Program, providing insight into resources that can help illuminate decades-old unsolved cases. He has collaborated with the program on six cases, including the Roxanne Wood cold case murder recently solved by Michigan State Police.
Dennis is a Western alumnus and received a post-graduate secondary education teaching certificate from the State of Michigan