- Within the item description in Library Search, click the "Place Hold, Reserve or Recall Item" link in the Physical section, leaving the “Ship to my address” field blank.
- Once you have placed your online request, University Libraries will retrieve the item, package it for pick up and hold it at Waldo Library.
- You will receive a notice through your wmich.edu email account when the item is ready for pick up.
Borrow and Request
Borrow from WMU Libraries
Other borrowing info
Borrow from other libraries
A guest borrower may borrow up to 10 items from WMU Libraries excluding course reserve and audio/video items. You may obtain a guest borrower's card if you:
- Live within a 50-mile radius of Western Michigan University, and
- Are at least 18 years of age, and
- Present a photo identification with an address and proof of Social Security number.
A guest borrower's card is valid for one year. To renew a card, stop by Waldo Library.
For more information on obtaining a guest borrower's card, call Waldo Library at (269) 387-5059 during open library hours or stop by our Service Desk.
WMU alumni in good standing may also obtain a guest borrower's card. Verification of alumni status may be required.
Need help borrowing or requesting an item?