Learning Glass Studio
Learning Glass is a tool for recording lectures and presentations that allows you to write notes on a lightboard while facing the viewer. Discover how this technology can improve student engagement and learning.
- Learning Glass 66” lightboard on adjustable-height table
- Neon dry erase markers
- Dark backdrop
- Camera to record presentation including a lavalier mic
Hours and location
Accessing the studio
When you arrive for your session, check in at the Service Desk in the lobby at Waldo Library for access to the Learning Glass Studio. Be sure to bring your Bronco Card with you.
During your studio time, a University Libraries staff member will be there to help you every step of the way, from set-up to recording. We’ll provide you with a file of your video after your studio session.
The Learning Glass Studio is available to all Western Michigan University faculty, instructors, staff and students.
Learning Glass tips
- Stick to one topic.
- Plan out your video ahead of time, so you know where to stand as you are drawing on the lightboard.
- Wear dark, solid-colored clothes, but avoid black.
- Don’t wear clothes that have text or logos. These will appear reversed in the video.
- Small mistakes that can be quickly erased are okay.