- Find Library Resources by Discipline
- Find Subject Librarians to WMU departments and colleges
- Learn how to format your papers and citations with our citing sources guide.
- Use citation managers to organize your research.
- Locate journals owned by WMU
Tutorials and User Guides
- ResearchPath. This tutorial will help you learn essential, time-saving library research skills. Follow the directions at the link to add it to your Elearning account.
- Use our Research Guides to find guides for subjects and classes, and resources by type and format.
- Connect from home. Need help connecting to library databases while off campus? We have tips and tricks to help you connect.
- Guide to Popular, Trade and Scholarly Sources. Presents a chart of the differences between these types of sources.
- Scholarly vs. Popular Periodicals. Video from Vanderbilt University showing differences between these types of periodicals. (3:12)
- Evaluating Web Sites and Web pages. Outlines five criteria for evaluating web pages and websites.
- You Quote it, You Note it! Fun, five-minute tutorial on how to avoid plagiarism. From Vaughan Memorial Library, Acadia University.
- Understanding Plagiarism. A guide created by WMU Librarians.
- Plagiarism and Academic Integrity at Rutgers University. Excellent tutorial about plagiarism, with audio and film clips.
- Borrowing Books and Other Materials
- Document Delivery
- Interlibrary Loan and MeLCat
- Renew Books Online - My Library Account
All items can be returned to one of the following locations:
- Waldo Library - Three convenient locations: 1. Book return drop slot near outside doors of library front entrance. 2. Outside book return drop slot, at curb side, on Arcadia Street side of building. 3. Inside building at first floor atrium.
- College of Health and Human Services Campus - Drop box on first floor of Health and Human Services Building, near the Learning Resource Center. Pick up Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.
- Engineering Campus (Parkview) - Drop box on first floor of Floyd Hall, near front entrance and Lecture Hall D-115. Pick up Monday through Friday 9:15 a.m.
- Haworth College of Business - Drop box on first floor of Schneider Hall, by entrance closest to the Fetzer Center. Pick up Monday through Friday 10 a.m.
- Maybee Music and Dance Library - in Dalton Center, third floor.
- Swain Education Library - Book return drop slot inside the Education Library (Sangren Hall, second level), to the left of the check out desk.
Library materials must be returned complete with all parts, discs, booklets, and other accompanying material. You will be charged full replacement costs for items returned without all accompanying material.