Virtual reality—VR—is an astounding new form of media that holds incredible promise in fields across the educational spectrum. In order to take advantage of what VR has to offer, it's crucial students, faculty and instructors have the opportunity to experience VR for themselves.
The university's virtual reality lab located on the lower level of Waldo Library is a collaborative effort between the University Libraries and the Office of Information Technology. The VR Lab helps faculty learn about, explore and integrate virtual reality content into their classes and research. In addition, the Lab provides students with the chance to experience both entertainment and educational VR content. Visit the VR Lab website for additional information and lab location and hours.
Consultation and assistance with VR-related projects is available by contacting Kevin Abbott in the Office of Information Technology.
WMU VR In the News
- WWMT Channel 3: Forward Focus: Virtual reality lab at WMU creates new possibilities for learning (March 25, 2019)
- WMU News: WMU a leader in offering learning by virtual reality (December 18, 2018)
- WMU News: Free campus workshops offered on virtual reality (March 15, 2018)
- WMUK 102.1: WMU Opens New Virtual Reality Lab (February 28, 2018)
- WWMT Channel 3: Western Michigan University opens new virtual reality lab (February 15, 2018)
- MLive: Western Michigan University steps into future with virtual reality lab (February 13, 2018)
- WMU News: Free virtual reality space open for campus community (January 26, 2018)
- Second Wave: WMU opens free virtual reality space for students, faculty (January 25, 2018)
- Western Herald: The Future is Now: New VR Lab Opens at Waldo Library (January 24, 2018)