Closed Classes

If you cannot register because the class is full then you must see if there is a waitlist and add yourself to it. Waitlisting provides students with the option of adding themselves to a waitlist in closed sections of a course.

How to join a waitlist

  • If there is no waitlist, contact the department that is offering the class for information about registering for closed classes.
  • Keep checking GoWMU—students will drop classes throughout the drop and add period and space may open up.

Procedures for specific classes

Only contact these offices if there is no waitlist in GoWMU. Make sure to include the course request number(s) of the sections you want or need.

Biology (BIOS)

Email the biology advising office only for BIOS 1120, 1600, 2110 and 2400.

Communication (COM)

Do not contact the School of Communication—just keep checking GoWMU.

Education (ED and ES)

Fill out a closed class request form.

Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS)

Email the department for permission to add the class.

Human Performance and Health Education (HPHE)

Email the department to be put on the waiting list.

Special Education and Literary Studies (SPED and LS)

Fill out a closed class request form.