New! Academic Advising at Western Michigan University (WMU) has moved to a functionally centralized advising model for undergraduate students. With this comes a change in the way current students schedule appointments with academic advisors. All current students will now use the Student Success Hub, located in the goWMU portal, to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor. Click on the button below to log in to the Student Success Hub.
- Come prepared—This may include a program or graduation plan, a list of questions about classes or questions about your Degree Works auditing tool.
- Unsure about your required classes?
- Current students (students who have taken classes at WMU within the past year who have a student success hub)
Prospective, Newly Admitted, or Returning Students
If you have not yet been admitted to WMU, are a newly admitted student who has not registered for classes, or are a former student unable to access your student account and need advising click below to schedule an advising appointment.
- Newly admitted (new beginners or transfer students planning to start classes this or next semester)
- Prospective (non-WMU student exploring a major within the College of Education and Human Development)
- Returning (academically dismissed student seeking readmission or students who have been away one year or more)
Student success is our priority. Our CEHD student success advisors and graduate assistants works with you to ensure you have what you need to reach your full potential. Our student success advisor is available to meet with you to set goals and get on track. You can meet with the advisor to set personal and academic goals, address factors impacting academic performance, get connected to campus and community resources, or receive help navigating emergency situations, hardships, account holds, or finances. Our success advisor can also offer resources for study and test-taking strategies, time management, self-care, and motivation for students who request assistance.
Note: Appointments are for current students wanting to meet with a student success advisor