Schedule an advising session

Advising sessions

Current students

Current students may schedule a video or phone advising session with their advisor of record:

  • Come prepared—This may include a program or graduation plan, a list of questions about classes or questions about your Degree Works auditing tool.
  • Unsure about your required classes?
    • Use Degree Works in GoWMU. If you are unable to open your Degree Works you may need to enable a popup blocker. You can also contact the Help Desk, (269) 387-HELP, for further assistance, or
    • Look at your program guides and draft graduation plans.

New students

Newly admitted students (freshman and transfer) should start with the Office of Student Transitions. Advising takes place as part of the required Orientation process.

Prospective students

Students considering a major within the College of Education and Human Development may schedule a video or phone advising session with the first available advisor.

  • Students with transfer credits should bring an unofficial transcript from each school attended.

  • Note: Advising for Secondary Education has moved to the College of Arts and Sciences; Advising for Interior Design has moved to the College of Fine Arts.

Schedule an advising session with an advisor or success coach

Canceling an advising session

If you need to cancel a previously scheduled advising session, call (269) 387-3474 to cancel. Please be ready with your name, Western Identification Number and date of your appointment.

Specific appointments and processes

Certified teachers

Closed classes

Graduate programs

Teaching internships or student teaching