We have 13 study rooms for groups of three or more. All of our study rooms feature tables, chairs and whiteboards. Ask for markers for the whiteboards at the Service Desk. Some group study rooms have large monitors or projectors that you can used with your laptop. Cables and adapters are available in the rooms or for check out.
Current Western Michigan University students can reserve group study rooms. You must present your Bronco Card at the main Service Desk to check out a group study room. Rooms are assigned for up to two hours. Additional time can be given if there are no other scheduled reservations.
Reserve a group study room
|Library/room name||Room location||Seats up to||Features|
|Waldo, Room 1||Lower Level, across from central staircase||10||Large monitor|
|Waldo, Room 2||Lower Level, across from central staircase||6||Large monitor|
|Waldo Room 3||Lower Level, near Classroom B||6|
|Waldo, Room 4||Lower Level, near Classroom B. Entrance is through Group Study Room 3||10|
|Waldo, Room 5||2nd Floor||10||Large monitor|
|Waldo, Room 6||2nd Floor, center of the building||6||Large monitor|
|Waldo, Room 7||2nd Floor, near the Makerspace||4||Large monitor|
|Swain, Room A||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||8||Large monitor|
|Swain, Room B||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||8||Large monitor|
|Swain, Room C||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||8||Large monitor|
|Swain, Room D||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||16||Overhead projector, DVD player|
|Swain, Room F||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||16||Overhead projector, DVD player|
|Swain, Room G||Sangren Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 2800||8|
|Maybee, Seminar Room||Dalton Center, 3rd Floor, Room 3006||10|
Group study room use
- Your room may be re-assigned if you are more than 15 minutes late for your reserved time.
- No room keys will be dispensed with less than two hours until closing.
- All keys must be returned no later than 30 minutes before closing. You will be charged a $10 fee if you do not return the room key.
- You are responsible for reimbursing the Libraries for any damage occurring during your time in the room.
- Noise levels must be low enough so that other library patrons, including those in other group study rooms, are not disturbed.
- No items may be put on the windows of the group study rooms.
- You must comply with all public address announcements while in a group study room.
- Do not leave any material(s) in the group study rooms.