Business and Finance Onboarding and Beyond
Whether you are new to the University or you have been employed at WMU for some time, there is always more to learn. Our rapidly developing technology and the continued development of our culture, oftentimes brings tools to you before you find them. The goal of this site, is to be a resource to help grow your toolkit.
Please Contact Us to submit any suggestions.
- Welcome to Business and Finance
Booklet to assist supervisors in the onboarding process
Stay on task with your new hire with this helpful checklist and complete every task with ease.
Move through the new hire process with confidence using this checklist, complete with links to helpful information.
Onboarding Plan Template PDF (viewing purposes only)
Excel interactive worksheet for employee and supervisor to plan and execute a successful onboarding process. To open file: Click link on page, click to open zip file, right click file in dialog box, click "open" to extract, save to your desktop.
- Business Procedures and Systems
- Human Resources
- Collective Bargaining
Toolbox Additions A-I
· Academic Calendars - including days classes meet, final exams,
· Accounting Services Training Links - Training documents and
videos for GLOW and JES
· Acronyms Listing - What do all those letters mean?
· Administrative Professionals Association (APA) - Communicate
concerns, develop solutions, and explore policies and benefits
with University administration.
· Athletics - All things WMU Athletics
· Branding Materials - Stationary, Name Tags, Email signature
guidelines, and all things Our Brand.
· Bronco Fix it - Submit a request for maintenance, custodial or
· Building Coordinator List - Resources for each building.
· Busing Schedules - All 3 busing route details.
· Campus Dining - Where to go, what to eat, how busy they are,
nutrition facts, and purchase dining dollars.
· Campus/Parking Maps - Printable maps for multiple areas of
· CMS (Website) User Guide - This user guide explains how to use
CMS to manage your unit's websites and provides guidance on
how to build web content in compliance with University policy.
· Design Services - Architecture and Design services of WMU.
- Furniture - Chairs, Desks, Tables, and Storage that meet
- Signage - Signs to meet all your University needs.
· Electric Vehicle Charging Stations - Public electric vehicle
· Environmental Health and Safety - General safety and
occupational health information.
- Accident Injury Form - Your resource for workplace accidents
- Ergonomic Workspace Guidance - Learn how to keep your
workspace safe and healthy.
· Events Calendar - Search University events by name date or
· Formal Headshots - Have your photo taken for the directory.
· GoWMU - Employee self-help site.
- Phone and Voicemail Guide - How do I use my phone?
- Sindecuse Patient Portal - Appointments, payments, RX.
· Grand Rapids Campus - WMU Regional Campus.
· Information Technology - Campus technology services.
Toolbox Additions J-Z
· Logistical Services - Manages and executes all supply chain
- Mail Services - Incoming, outgoing, freight, etc.
- Surplus Sales - Disposition of items no longer of use to the
· Miller Auditorium - One of west Michigan's premier performing
· People Search - Look up any employee or student by first and last
· President's Cabinet - Presidential and Vice Presidential Staff of the
· Professional Support Staff Organization - promoting and fostering
education through professional development, training,
recognition and the advancement of our dues paying members.
· Recycling for Faculty and Staff - Want to know what to do with
that toner, or batteries?
· Regional Locations - Contact information for regional locations
· Retention Schedule - Not sure how long to retain that document?
Check the retention policy here.
· Technology Help Desk - Questions? We have answers.
· Transparency Reporting - Budget and Performance Transparency.
· Tuition Discount and Remission - Want to further your education?
· Writing Style Guide - Guide to bring consistency to written, print,
and electronic correspondence.
· Western Wellness - A comprehensive employee wellness
program for all WMU employees no matter their benefits status.
- Sindecuse Health Center - A health care center on main
campus to serve students, faculty, staff, and their
- Student Recreation Center - Students, Faculty, and Staff
have access to this resource.
- West Hills Athletic Club - Facility available to WMU
employees thru wellness benefits.
· WMU Public Safety - To provide a safe, secure, healthy, and
- Bicycle Registration - Ride on campus? Register here.
- Bronco Card - This is your WMU Identification.
- Lost and Found - Lost it? Maybe someone found it.
- Parking 123 - Step by step guide to Parking permits and
adding vehicle management.
- Parking Information - Get a permit, maps, handle tickets, and
- Training Requests - Request training for basic self-defense,
active threat response, safety assessments, etc.
- Walking Escorts - A program designed to enhance your safety
and peace of mind while you walk on campus after dark.
· WMU Weather Closure Policy - Sign up for weather alerts and learn