WMU Dining Services is committed to providing appropriate meal accommodations to students who live in a Residence Hall on main campus who get sick due to COVID-19 or other serious illnesses throughout the semester.
During Fall 2020 and Spring 2021, WMU Dining Services will serve options from two dining centers (dine-in; all-you-care-to-eat) and two Grab’n Go (carryout; use up to 3 times daily) locations during the week. On weekends, the Valley Dining Center will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Henry Grab'n Go will be offered from Noon - 6 p.m. Some notable changes to dining center offerings due to safety precautions:
- Mid-afternoon closure for enhanced disinfection procedures (2:30 - 4:30 p.m.)
- Grab'n Go serves lunch, snack and dinner (open during the disinfection closure for dining centers)
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection procedures throughout serving hours
- Occupancy limits and reduced seating capacity to account for physical distancing
- All dining center options will be plated or served to guests (including utensils, condiments, etc)
- Additional barriers (like plexiglass) have been added to improve breath protection throughout dining centers
- Traffic flow patterns are implemented in dining spaces
- All employees and guests are required to wear appropriate face masks in all dining locations, unless seated and eating
WMU students have a variety of fresh, flavorful, healthy, and comfort items to choose from on campus. Students may use their meal plan to access food in the following ways, based on their schedule and preferences.