WMU Dining Services is working to increase the halal options available on campus. Currently, Dining offers halal-certified chicken at the Valley Dining Center, at Pacific Plate (built to order stir-fry or ramen) and in a few other menu items. This chicken is purchased raw, and is stored, prepped, cooked and served using specific yellow-handled utensils and equipment, where appropriate.
Halal Chicken at Valley Dining Center
Find halal chicken as a daily option at Pacific Plate – build your own stir-fry or ramen bowl:
- Select diced chicken and/or veggie broth for your bowl
- Weekdays during lunch (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.) and dinner (5 to 8 p.m.)
Halal Chicken entrées served at Traditions - Spring 2023
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry - Halal (on Saturday dinners of week 1)
- Chicken Tikka Masala –Halal (on Monday lunches of week 3)
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - Halal (on Monday lunch of week 2)
- Find out when and where – search by item
Additional questions? Please email or call the Nutrition Specialist, Emily Hazel, RDN, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4888.