WMU Dining Services is working to increase the halal options available in Dining Centers. Currently, Dining is offering halal-certified chicken in a variety of ways. This chicken is purchased raw, and is stored, prepped, cooked and served using specific yellow-handled utensils and equipment, where appropriate.
Halal Options on Campus
Find halal chicken at the following locations and times:
- Valley Dining Center
- Pacific Plate – build your own stir-fry or ramen bowl
- Select diced chicken and/or veggie broth for your bowl
- Weekdays during lunch (11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.) and dinner (4:30 - 8 p.m.) and every other weekend
Other halal options – Fall 2020
- Chicken Tikka Masala –Halal
- Chicken Shawarma – Halal
- Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich – Halal
- Find out when and where – search by item
Halal Breakfast Options
During weekdays in the Dining Centers, students are able to order omelets or eggs cooked to order, from 7 - 10:30 a.m. To indicate that precautions need to be taken to not come into contact with any pork products or cooking areas, please check the box titled "Vegetarian Preparation." This indicates to staff that the order cannot come into contact with any cooking surface or cooking utensil that has also touched pork products.
Additional questions? Please email or call the Nutrition Specialist, Emily Hazel, RDN, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4888.