Halal Options on Campus
WMU Dining Services offers halal-certified chicken in Dining Centers with stir-fry and ramen locations. The chicken is purchased as raw breast meat and is stored, cooked, diced and served using specific yellow-handled utensils and equipment, where appropriate.
Find halal chicken at the following locations and times:
- Valley Dining Center: build your own stir-fry or ramen bowl
- Weekdays during lunch (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.) and dinner (5 - 8 p.m.) and every other weekend for dinner
- Bistro3: select a ramen bowl
- Every other week during lunch (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.) and dinner (5 - 8 p.m.)
- Hoekje/Bigelow: build your own stir-fry bowl
- Monday through Thursday, 4 - 8 p.m.
Other halal options in the 2018-19 Academic Year
- Chicken Tikka Masala, served at Hoekje/Bigelow and Burnham every fourth Wednesday for lunch, is made using halal chicken and utilizes halal cooking procedures.
- More entrees will be available during the 2019-20 Academic Year!
Halal Breakfast Options
During weekdays in the Dining Centers, students are able to order omelets or eggs cooked to order, from 7 - 10:30 a.m. To indicate that precautions need to be taken to not come into contact with any pork products or cooking areas, please check the box titled "Vegetarian Preparation." This indicates to staff that the order cannot come into contact with any cooking surface or cooking utensil that has also touched pork products.
Additional questions? Please email or call the Nutrition Specialist, Emily Hazel, RDN, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-4888.