Dining Centers provide students with choices, from plated meals to customizable options, where healthful choices and delicious meals are one in the same.
Fresh and flavorful selections at the micro-restaurants in Dining Centers include halal, vegan and allergen-friendly choices, as well as healthful choices for everyone, just the way you like it. Nutritional guidance from the Nutrition Specialist and social opportunities make eating food on campus worry-free, so students can effectively use their time to study, work, rest and play while in pursuit of their academic goals.
Tips for Healthy Eating
- Check the online menu for nutritional information by clicking on each item
- Plan meal selections in advance
- Fill one plate first, then go back for seconds if still hungry
- Use condiments sparingly - a little goes a long way
- Follow @wmudining on Instagram for healthful suggestions
It's unrealistic to expect that every choice you make will be healthy. Focus on developing habits of choosing healthful choices, most of the time!
Apply Guidelines in Dining Centers
- Grilled chicken breasts available during lunch and dinner
- Flavor to your liking without extra salt or fat using the spice racks for ultimate flavor customization
- Choose whole grain bread more often for toast or deli sandwiches
- Replace fried sides with cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit or veggies
- Snack on vegetables and hummus, hard boiled eggs (find at the deli line or salad bar)
- Design an omelet or egg white omelet for breakfast
- Choose water, flavored water, skim milk or unsweetened ice tea the majority of the time