WMU Dining Services offers a variety of healthy dining options to support students throughout their university experience. Find nutritional information online by checking the daily menu for the options within the Dining Centers.
Tips for Healthy Eating
- Choose one fruit and vegetable at each meal
- Plan meal selections in advance
- Fill one plate first, then go back for seconds if still hungry
- Use condiments sparingly - a little goes a long way
It's unrealistic to expect that every choice you make will be healthy. Focus on developing habits of choosing healthful choices, most of the time!
Apply Guidelines in Dining Centers
- Grilled chicken breasts available during lunch and dinner
- Flavor to your liking without extra salt or fat using the spice racks for ultimate flavor customization
- Choose whole grain bread more often for toast or deli sandwiches
- Replace fried sides with cottage cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit or veggies
- Snack on vegetables and hummus, hard boiled eggs (find at the deli line or salad bar)
- Design an omelet or egg white omelet for breakfast
- Choose water, flavored water, skim milk or unsweetened ice tea the majority of the time