All College of Education and Human Development majors require some specific WMU Essential Studies (WES) or general education courses. Please communicate with your WMU advisor before taking classes.
WES (2020 to present) and general education (2019 and prior) guides:
Start your application
Is there a course that's not offered at your community college? Apply as a guest at WMU.
Listed below are the transfer guides for various majors in the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University.
Please note: Transfer guides are continuously being updated. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check for the most current guide.
- Business Education: 2020-present | 2017-2019
- Child and Family Development: 2017-2019
- Early Childhood Unified Education: Birth through Third Grade: 2022-present
- Early Childhood Education: 2017-2019
- Early Learning and Intervention: Birth through Kindergarten: 2022-present
- Elementary Education: PK-3 and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): K-12: 2022-present
- Elementary Education: PK-6: 2021-present
- Elementary Education: PK-5 All Subjects and Content Major/Minor: 6-8: 2017-2019
- Elementary/Middle Content Majors: 2017-2019
- Elementary/Middle Content Minors: 2017-2019
- Exercise Science: 2022-present | 2010-2019
- Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher Education: 2020-present | 2016-2019
- Family Studies: 2017-2019
- Fashion Design and Development: 2020-present | 2015-2019
- Fashion Merchandising: 2020-present | 2015-2019
- Industrial Technology Education Non-Vocational: 2020-present | 2017-2019
- Industrial Technology Education Vocational: 2020-present | 2017-2019
- Interior Design: 2020-present
- Nutrition and Dietetics: 2020-present | 2010-2019
- Physical and Health Education Teacher Education: K-12: 2020-present | 2018-2019
- Recreation Management: 2020-present | 2016-2019
- Special Education: LD K-12 and Elementary Education: PK-3: 2021 to present
- Special Education and Elementary Education: LD & EI: K-12: 2017-2019
- Sport Management: 2020-present | 2016-2019
- Workforce Education and Development: 2020-present | 2018-2019
- Youth and Community Development: 2017-2019