Applications for Articulated CTE Credit

After students are admitted to WMU and declare a major in the College of Education and Human Development, they may apply for up to 6 department credits for their high school Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses that align with our academic programs.

Application Requirements

Students must apply for these credits within 27 months of graduation from their CTE program.

Granting of CTE articulated credit requires successful completion of individual CTE courses, or a 1-2 year CTE program, approved by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE). This can be demonstrated through a student’s transcript or by other means of program completion verification. Additional performance standards include:

  • Minimum grade of “B” (3.0 on a 4.0 scale) or better in all required CTE courses
  • 90% or higher attendance during the program
  • Completion of state assessments with a passing score (when available) or other end-of-course assessments, portfolios, etc.
  • Positive recommendations from the CTE instructor and CTE director

How to apply

After completing a WMU admissions application, applying for CTE credit is a three-step process:

  1. The student contacts their CTE program to fill out the School Verification for Student Application for Articulated CTE Credit form to verify the student's CTE credits. 
  2. The school (instructor/counselor/administrator) fills out the School Verification for Student Application for Articulated CTE Credit form on behalf of the student.
  3. The student applying for CTE credit fills out the Student Application for Articulated CTE Credit form.

School verification
Student Application

Both forms must be completed in order for the application to be considered.

After application submission

Applicant will receive notification of the credit evaluation after both forms have been submitted and evaluated by the College of Education and Human Development.

More information

To learn more about the articulation agreement and requirements, read the WMU News and WMU CEHD press releases. Questions can be directed to the CEHD Office of Admissions and Advising.