Residence Life at Western Michigan University employs more than 300 full- and part-time employees. Working in Residence Life is a tremendous experience, one where you will make great friends, have a lot of fun and make a difference in the lives of others. Residence hall and WMU Apartment positions are reserved for students living on campus.
2020-2021 Resident Assistant Positions
Please read carefully the following information:
- The application is for Resident Assistant positions for the 2020-21 academic year. After application review and interviews, candidates will be notified of their status. Candidates will be identified as being hired, placed into the alternate pool or declined. Candidates placed in the alternate pool may be hired as positions become available through Summer 2020.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications without recommendation forms will not be considered.
- There will be a review after each component of the process, including application review, and candidates will potentially be dropped after each component.
- You must attend an interview weekend. You will sign up for this interview on your application. The dates of the interview weekends are January 23 (6-10pm) – January 24 (3-10pm) or January 31 (5:30-9:30pm) – February 1 (10am-5pm). Candidates must attend both days of the weekend they have chosen.
Please note that all applications and recommendation forms are due by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. If you previously applied for an RA position for spring 2020, you must reapply for the 2020-21 process for your application to still be considered active.
Residence Life Staff Member Information Nights:
Attend an information night to find out more information regarding the selection processes for Resident Assistants. Each residence hall will be offering a session. Look for posters and information in your hall or see your Hall Director in the hall office.
2020-2021 Learning Community Assistant Positions
LCAs work in one of WMU's residential learning communities. View the job description for eligibility and remuneration information. Applications are due 11:59 p.m. February 2, 2020. References are due by 5 p.m. Tuesday, February 4, and interviews are Friday, February 14.