Similar to Western Michigan University's vocational industrial technology major, this major prepares students to teach industrial technology type courses at the middle or secondary level. The main difference is that this major does not require the student to document relevant work experience in the industrial area in which they would like to teach.
To learn about admission to the professional education program and how to apply, visit admission requirements and application.
- This major requires a teachable content minor.
- Career preparation
- Intern teaching
- Michigan Test for Teacher Certification practice and preparation help
- MTTC test information for the following tests. including test prep materials
- Basic Skills Examination (BSE)
- Industrial technology—ends at 2013 catalog year
- Industrial and technology education—starts with 2014 catalog year, no test currently
- Transfer guides