Applications for the Graduate Certificate in educational and instructional technology are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Admission procedures and requirements
Within this online application system, applicants must include the following:
- Resume or curriculum vita: A resume or curriculum vita is required and must be submitted within the online application.
- Written statement: Please prepare a statement which covers the following information and attach it within the online application:
Write a personal essay (suggested 1000 words) describing your technology and computer skills and background, career goals and educational philosophy as it relates to educational and instructional technology. Applicants should outline their technology skills and relevant professional experiences in the essay.
This essay should provide the faculty reviewers with information to help determine if the student has the necessary technology background and experience to be successful in the program. The reviewers are also interested in the educational "philosophy" of the student and how that philosophy guides the student’s beliefs about the use of educational technology.
- Education history information and transcripts
- Applicants must list all previously attended higher education institutions.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from every higher education institution they have ever attended (except WMU).
The application does not require graduate test scores or recommendations.
Questions? Contact the Department of Educational Leadership, Research and Technology graduate office at (269) 387-3893 or Diane Bourgeois.