Ackley/Shilling is a relaxed building with a mixture of first year, transfer and returning students. The residents are an active group, so there’s always an event or social networking opportunity happening in the hall. Residents like chilling in the lounges or grabbing a meal together. Shilling Hall transfer residents live in single rooms that are provided at a discounted rate during their first academic year at WMU.
- Shilling transfer student community (must be sophomore status or above)
- Coed floors with suites assigned by gender
- Card access system for interior and exterior doors
- Dining center located within the Valley neighborhood
Suites consist of two rooms that share a connecting bathroom.
A total of two (Shilling) or four (Ackley) people live in a suite.
- Bed and mattress per person–bunkable, loftable (kit in room)
- Two desks
- Two chairs
- One six-drawer dresser
- One recycling bin
What about the bathroom?
- One shower and toilet, partitioned off for privacy
- Counter with two sinks
- Two medicine cabinets with mirrors
- Four towel bars
- One trash can