Sindecuse Health Center serves WMU employees as well as students. Benefits provided to employees of WMU can go further at the University's on-campus health center. We are taking precautions to prevent the spread of infectious disease. Read more here.
Read about the 2020 flu shot at https://wmich.edu/healthcenter/clinic/services/immunizations/flu-2020-21.
A note about Healthy Blue Living Plans offered by Blue Care Network to WMU employees.
All WMU employees are welcome to use health center services, whether covered by a participating insurance company or not. Healthy Blue Living plans are part of Blue Care Network which does not participate with the health center to reimburse subscriber charges, except in the pharmacy, and seasonal flu shots. WMU will pick up out-of-pocket costs for flu shots and COVID-related visits and testing in line with the WMU No-cost Testing Plan. Dependents of these employees are not covered for flu shots or COVID-related visits or tests. Patients who are covered by Blue Care Network are responsible for charges resulting from their visit to Sindecuse.
Western Michigan University employees, their dependents and WMU retirees covered by the University's PPO plan #007005281 enjoy these benefits:
- Refill online or via phone and pick up at our drive-up window
- Low-cost over-the-counter medications available
- Schedule a same-day appointment as available
- No out-of-pocket-cost immunizations. You do not need a precription for a shingles vaccine. You do for a pneumonia vaccine.
WMU Sports Medicine Clinic physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy at no cost to BCBS PPO plan participants
- Bronco team physicians who treat WMU athletes
- Convenient access to quick appointments—call us.
Lab and x-ray
- Fast results
- Note: some lab test are performed in house, but others are sent out. Outside X-ray orders are not accepted for students or employees.
International Travel Clinic
- In-depth appointments for travel
- Prescribed medications available at health center pharmacy
- Convenient, on-campus massage therapy appointments.
- Some visits covered by the BCBS PPO plan with a prescription. Ask us for details.
- Hear what some satisfied massage therapy clients say.
Sindecuse Health Center treats WMU employees injured on the job as part of the workers' compensation system. Employees should notify their supervisor, fill out an accident/injury report form and call the health center immediately for an appointment scheduled the same day. If you cannot go to Sindecuse because it is closed, or you are in a life-threatening emergency, you should go to the emergency room. Non-emergency injuries can wait for the next business day at the health center. If you go to the ER or another provider, you must follow up with a health center provider as soon as possible to maintain proper insurance coverage. Pre-employment screening is also handled by the providers at the health center.