The ANTIGEN test
The health center offers rapid-result COVID-19 antigen testing. We provide results within hours for patients with or without symptoms. The antigen test tells whether you have been infected with the Sars-COV2 virus by detecting virus activity with a nasal-swabbed sample. Results are posted to the patient portal by the end of the day. The results are posted under the "Medical Records" menu item and in the "Labs" tab.
- Call (269) 387-3287 to schedule an appointment.
- The out-of-pocket cost of antigen testing is $25. Insurance does not pay for tests that are not medically necessary.
- Naso-pharyngeal samples are collected by lab staff inside the health center. Drive-thru testing is no longer offered.
- Results are posted to your patient portal account by the end of the day.
- These appointments are subject to the same rules as other appointments, including a no-show or late-cancellation charge of $20 if not canceled 4 hours ahead of the scheduled appt. time.
Things to consider
- As with any medical test, there is the potential for false-positive or false-negative test results.
- A positive antigen test result means that a person must self-isolate in an effort to avoid infecting others.
- A positive test may result in extended quarantine or isolation and additional tests, with additional costs.
- Testing alone does not replace treatment by a medical provider.