We're glad you're here. We serve the health care needs of all students enrolled at Western Michigan University. Every WMU student is eligible to receive services at Sindecuse Health Center whether they are insured or not. Please explore our site to discover the many services and health education opportunities available.
Coming to Orientation? Family members can meet us at a breakout session or the lunchtime mixer at Summer Orientation. International students will be able to meet us at Orientation sessions in August or January. We’ll answer questions about insurance, ongoing care, and the services we provide. We will collect completed forms as well. Talk with our staff at a mixer if a student:
- Is insured through Medicaid or an HMO
- Is not from Michigan
- Requires continuing care for ADHD, allergies, counseling, injection therapy, etc.
- Has special medical or mental health care needs
- Has questions about insurance.
All new students should take these steps before arriving on campus:
Download Forms to get started
- Fill out a patient insurance information form (if insured).
- Make a photocopy of your insurance card front and back.
- Download the Minor Authorization form to allow the health center to treat a student younger than 18. Parents or guardians will need to sign a patient financial agreement for their minor children.
Download the PDF then:
- Fill out as much as you can and print a patient insurance information form.
- Review the tuberculosis (TB) screening worksheet. Beginning Jan. 2020, incoming students from countries identified by the CDC or WHO as high-risk for tuberculosis exposure will be required to have testing done at WMU’s health center. More information can be found at our TB testing page.
- Have a parent or guardian authorize treatment for a minor student who will be under 18 years old when they arrive on campus.
- Make a photocopy of your insurance card front and back (if you have one).
WMU recently adopted a policy regarding health insurance which affects all students.
Complete the forms and return to health center staff at Orientation events, drop them off in person at the health center or mail to:
Sindecuse Health Center
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo, MI USA 49008-5445
We strongly encourage verification of immunization status for all students. Please review our recommended immunizations to protect personal health and the health of the Western Michigan University community. We offer all of the recommended immunizations on the list.
If a new WMU student wants to review complicated health history to determine whether transfer of care to the campus health center is appropriate, please call (269) 387-3287 to make an appointment to discuss care with one of our providers.
When students require specialty care not delivered at the health center, a clinical visit may be scheduled with a Sindecuse provider to obtain your health history and assist you with a referral to a Kalamazoo specialist.
To transfer a prescription, bring your medication container and prescription insurance card to the Sindecuse pharmacy. We’ll take care of transferring your prescription.