Health Center Orientation
We're glad you're here. We serve the health care needs of all students enrolled at Western Michigan University. Every WMU student is eligible to receive services at Sindecuse Health Center whether they are insured or not. Please explore our site to discover the many services and health education opportunities available.
We strongly encourage verification of immunization status for all students. Please review our recommended immunizations to protect personal health and the health of the Western Michigan University community. We offer all of the recommended immunizations on the list.
If a new WMU student wants to review complicated health history to determine whether transfer of care to the campus health center is appropriate, please call (269) 387-3287 to make an appointment to discuss care with one of our providers.
When students require specialty care not delivered at the health center, a clinical visit may be scheduled with a Sindecuse provider to obtain your health history and assist you with a referral to a Kalamazoo specialist.
To transfer a prescription, bring your medication container and prescription insurance card to the Sindecuse pharmacy. We’ll take care of transferring your prescription.
Welcome! We're glad you're attending Western Michigan University. This page gives an overview of your health center and links to key documents to help you get a healthy start at WMU. Start by learning about our comprehensive services by exploring this website.
To get ready, take some time now to share information with us:
Upload Insurance Card
Here's an easy way to make your first visit go faster. Upload your insurance card for our files. Here's how:
- Once you have a Bronco NetID and password, you can login to the patient portal.
- Allow about 3 days from receiving your ID and password for your status to be communicated to our database
- Then you can login and see how our patient portal works
- Navigate to the 'Insurance Card' menu item and add a new card
- You'll be able to upload an image of the front and back of the card, and to fill in some details from the card
If you will turn 18 after starting classes or arriving on campus, a parent or guardian must fill download and fill out:
For International Students
Read about WMU's requirements for TB screening and testing, and download forms (Insurance info, minor authorization to treat, TB screening).
Questions for us?
We've put together answers to FAQs students, parent and family members ask most often. Want to know more? Call us. Here are the telephone numbers to speak with a person who can help:
- Insurance and how it works at the health center: contact our insurance office at (269) 387-4219.
- Pharmacy and transferring prescriptions: ask a pharmacy technician at (269) 387-3355.
- Counseling services and psychiatry questions: ask a counseling services staff member at (269) 387-1850.
- General information: speak with a patient access team member at (269) 387-3287 (follow the prompts for 'appointments').