Filing Claims

If you would like Sindecuse Health Center to bill your insurance bring  your current insurance and pharmacy cards to your appointment. We will submit claims to all participating insurance plans and the charges will not be transferred to your Western Michigan University student account until an Explanation of Benefits is received from your insurance company. After receiving the EOB, any amounts designated by your plan as patient responsibility, such as co-pays, deductibles, non-covered services, supplies or braces, will be transferred to your University account.

You can upload your insurance card ahead of time and save time at check-in. Viist the patient portal, navigate to "Insurance cards", and select "Add New". Follow the instructions to upload images of the front and back of your card. Be sure to 'Save' at the end.

For specific plan coverage and reimbursement information, it is best to call your insurance carrier using the phone number found on your insurance card.

HMO insurances, such as Blue Care Network, require the patient to obtain approval from their primary care doctor prior to services being performed. Except for flu shots, some lab work, and X-rays, Blue Care Network does not pay claims for services received at the health center.

If you do not have any insurance coverage, you may be interested in student insurance options that offer access to health center services.

Laboratory services

Some laboratory services, such as cultures and pap smears, are sent to Bronson Laboratory. If provided at the time of your visit, Sindecuse sends your insurance information to Bronson and they bill accordingly. You may receive a separate bill from Bronson depending upon their participation with various insurance companies.

Need more information?

If you have questions please call our insurance department at (269) 387-4219.